(V2) Chapter 31

After my strange encounter with the demon-worm-insect whatever, I continued my quest down south to the End Portal for my trading desires. I wonder what beautiful flowers Lizzie would be offering for trade, perhaps some Hydrangea? That would be absolutely lovely, as those were my favorite!

I arrived at the massive gaping hole into the earth, fearing what would come next. I quickly tied my horse to a fence pole located just outside of the entrance leading to the End Portal frame and took a deep breath. This was one of my worst nightmares; heights.

Taking the leap of faith, milliseconds before I entered the portal, I emptied my water bucket and landed safely on the other side. It wasn't the worst one of my travels, and it was certainly better than being in the nether. For a moment, I almost envied Joel, who was a blaze at the moment and immune to fire and lava. How nice it must be to explore the nether free of worry and all of its warm beauty.

After arriving at the narrow bridge, I nervously steadied my balance as I crossed, one wrong move off the one block bridge and you would be dead!

The flowering shop was lovingly decorated with Hyacinth flowers, along with Indian Pipe plants and many different types of mushrooms.Assortments of strange plants I had never seen were also scattered around and inside of the small shop. Lizzie wasn't there at the moment, but a sign saying "Ring the bell to call me" was displayed in front of a massive golden villager bell. I adjusted my sack across my back for comfort and walked to the stand, carefully avoiding the gaze of watching enderman. I grabbed the heavy metal chain in the middle of the bell and swung it wildly. A loud clanging noise erupted from it, and my hands went over my sensitive fairy ears to shield me from the loud noise. One of the perks of being a fairy I guess... Or maybe it was just really loud? These thoughts were still occupying my mind when the End Floran herself walked up, bottle of honey in her hand for nourishment.

"Y/n! What a pleasure to see you! Could Katherine not make it?" Lizzie had a lovely singsong voice, and it echoed throughout the abyss of the void.

I smiled and giggled slightly, because my face fell somewhat, "She was busy, but I brought diamonds and a few other above-world items for trading if you're interested."

"Intriguing," The Floren observed the items displayed in my hands. From shimmering rubies to saplings of Japanese Maple trees they were all splayed over the ground as we negotiated out offers for barter. Floating mushroom pieces of all sorts scattered the end stone and were all around the shop as well. Flowers seemed to be torn off their hooks and we created quite a commotion; even some of the Enderman became frustrated with our noise and left.

...Timeskip 4 hours

"Four diamonds for two stacks of Hydrangea! Final offer!" I insisted. After so much trading we were both exhausted and wanted this all to end.

"Throw in eight Aminta mushrooms and you have yourself a deal!" Lizzie finally said, and outstretched her hand which I shook. It was for sure a bit pricey, but definitely worth my while! We both helped each other pack up our items and I turned to leave before LD grabbed my arm, a forlorn but concerned look in her eyes, "You're seriously going to go back home now? Gosh you must be so tired," Lizzie giggled, "And crazy!" She laughed harder now, "Why don't stay with me for a little while and help me collect some flowers of sorts? We can put those plants into water buckets for your journey back, and you can keep some of the ones you find later!" This seemed like a fair deal, so we crossed the beautiful Aurora bridge... A new chapter would soon be beginning.

----------------

Wooo hooo! 660 Words for ya! I really hope you've been enjoying this non-dsmp style I've been going for and I'm trying to make as few references as possible so please just bear with me for a little bit longer! Spoiler Alert:  The next chapter or one after that will become Dsmp again....