Fate

"Y/n! OVER HEREEEE!"
You turn around, eyes darting around trying to locate the source of the voice so familiar.

Oh.

Your eyes finally landed on the man, the setting sun was too bright beyond the horizon.

You raised your hand and squinted to get a better look at him.

You felt yourself smiling, he hadn't changed much. He still walked the same way he used to.

Head down, chest puffed up, long strides, arms tucked into his pockets.

Except, the bright eyes that still made your heart beat faster were brighter now.

Maybe at the sight of you?

His face broke into the biggest smiles as he approached you, arms beckoning you into his chest.

You smiled and jumped into his arms, giggling, wrapping your arms around him.

His breath fanned the top of your head, his chest heaved as he breathed you in. You smiled against his chest, nuzzling him.

"I missed you so much...", there was a crack in his voice, that beautiful voice you could never get enough of.

You held him tighter and looked up into his eyes.
His eyes searching yours, a single tear rolled down your cheek.

"I didn't. I didn't miss you at all." He wrapped his arms around you tighter and smiled.
His thumb gently wiped away the stray tear.

"I know. Let's go in, I can't wait to feed you and stare at you while you stuff yourself."
You giggled and intertwined your fingers with his and dragged him into the cafe.