Fragile

"We are trying.. I'll break his bones myself when we find him.", Devin growled, staring hard at his cup of coffee.

"I don't think he'll leave his Father. I think he's here.
Waiting.", Yoongi stated.

"I think it'd be the best if Mom stays with me.", Chloe said, looking at your Mother, eyes heavy with concern.

Your Mother looked at Chloe and then at you. "I don't think I'm the one who needs protection here.", she said.

Everybody turned to look at you.
"Let's stick to the plan where we're all sticking together for the time being. I think that's the only way we can be safe.", you stated, your voice steady.

Brandon's last words echoed in your head. You were simply sitting down on the piling up worries brewing within you. Not ready to acknowledge them. Not right now.

Yoongi's eyes were on yours, he stood up from his chair and said,
"I'll get them to clean up the rooms, we are all staying here for the time being."

Chloe looked really happy, she hugged your Mother. Who looked somewhere between relieved and concerned.

"What did you do here? And who is Marcus?", your Mother asked Chloe.
The question was loud enough for everybody in the room to hear.

You and Yoongi looked at each other.
It was Devin who spoke.

"We did nothing. Marcus was my Father, he was the person in charge of this club since the very beginning...
When Mr Park handed this building to him, solely for business."

He lowered his head, looking down at his feet. His voice echoed in the silence of the room as he went on.

"It was never meant to be notorious. No member of this club ever wanted to side with violence, we wanted to help people. That's what my Father wanted from the very beginning...
But then.."

You put your hand on his shoulder.

"But then... as business grew and my Father's reputation and name started getting bigger than Mr Park's, he offered my father a deal.."

Devin's fingers dragged your hand down, he held on tight.

"... He asked my Father to take care of all his illegal affairs. He wanted to keep his slate clean.
My Father refused."

Devin looked up at Mother. His eyes solemn.

"That's when he kidnapped my Mother. She was pregnant.
He gave my Father 24 hours to submit.
He did.
But by the time he found her... she was.. gone.
Dead."

Devin stopped and swallowed.

Chloe came to stand behind Devin. She pressed her hands to his shoulders.

Chloe continued.
"Marcus wanted revenge. The club was already Park's.
Park infiltrated the club slowly replacing the staff with his.
The aimless butchering, kidnappings, trafficking were carried on under the name of Marcus and this club..."

You looked at Yoongi, he was staring at the framed picture on the table. His eyes glazed over.
Your Mother looked like she would cry any minute now.
You went up to her, standing beside her. Putting an arm around her shoulder.

"But then.. Marcus was anything but the kind to submit...", Chloe smiled fondly.

"He gathered the people who were kidnapped. He took it upon himself to give them shelter and keep them safe.
Yes he couldn't save them all.. But.. a few of us were growing up under his care.", Chloe sat down next to Devin.

"And that's when your daughter and Min Yoongi arrived.
They popped up at the club one night.
I definitely can't tell you what they were doing because I still have no idea about it..", Chloe looked at Yoongi and you, grinning.

You shut your eyes, it was the night of your nineteenth birthday. Yoongi was teaching you everything about alcohol.

Yoongi was struggling to maintain a straight face.