Glass Half Empty

"But I don't understand we've searched all the boutiques and malls here.
Where did they go?", Devin rakes his hands through his hair.
"Chloe's phone has been unreachable since eleven, that's when she told me she was headed home..", Yoongi was trying hard to maintain some sense for the sake of you.
You sat there in the corner, only one person in your head.
"We are trying to get Brandon's location... ", Devin's voice trailed off.
The sudden silence in the room was so unnerving that you looked up.
Everybody had their eyes on you.
You knew why.
"You don't have to worry about me right now.
I know what he's capable of.
I have seen what he can do.
You need to worry about them.", Your voice sounded oddly distant and cold, you couldn't place a finger on your feelings and give a definite name to it.
All you could do was try to remain sane, instead of giving in to the crippling worry bubbling within.
Devin's phone ringed, he received the call.
His face instantly drained off all colour, "Chloe... "
He hung up and got to his feet.
"Chloe has been hit."
Things happened really fast, Devin turned around and ran towards the exit, Yoongi turned to follow but then stopped and ran towards you.
He grabbed your arm to steady you and sat you down.
The world seemed to be reeling around you. Everything was meddling together.
"Stay here till I get back.
Please."
He kissed your forehead and left.
The dread that you were trying to avoid all this while now settled in, seeping into every one of your veins.
You gripped the edge of the chair tighter.
You remembered Mom's face in the morning, how happy she had been. How she had been smiling wholeheartedly.
Your chest pained, your hand came up to touch your chest.
Your phone pinged.
You took it out instantly, thinking it would be a message from Yoongi.
Your body went cold.

Brandon : Want you see your Mom? Missing her? She's home waiting for you... with me. ;)

Another ping.

Brandon : If you don't step into the house alone, I'll make sure you regret this day for the rest of your miserable fucking life.
Come soon.
You have thirty minutes.

Your fingers shook violently as you stared at the phone screen. Your breathing now ragged and unsteady. You could hear your heart beating in your ears.

This is how it had happened the last time. It was a friend then.
This time it's Mom.
You knew what he did with that girl, you helped her escape with all you had.
She could barely walk because of much she was tortured.
Tears prickled your eyes at the thought of him doing the same to Mom.
You got to your feet. You knew very well how to get out of Titanium without letting a leaf stir.
You had done it a lot of times before.

You looked down at the ring on your finger, swallowing hard.

Creeping out towards the dorm, you slowly entered Chloe's room. Shutting the door behind.

You looked at the framed pictures on the bedstand. There was a picture of you two together.
The sticker at the bottom said Nebula and Chloe.
"Why Nebula?"
"Because your Dad is Thanos."

You sighed. You hated that name but unknowingly you had come to love it and used it often here at the Titanium.

It was a name given by Chloe.
You slowly moved towards the washroom, opening the door and using the flash of your phone to look for the window latch.

You smiled when you found it. Holding the window open and hauling yourself out and landing on the dry grass outside.
Chloe still used this, but why.

You left without glancing back.