Memories

This neighbourhood had barely changed at all, you thought.

The run down buildings, the parks bustling with children screaming, laughing and playing around. 

Six years had gone by, you thought about all those times you ran down this road.
Happy you were going to see him, happy that you'd see Nana.

It was a ritual, everyday after school your feet would find their way home to this very place.

Your eyes stung at the thought of Nana, she would always be there waiting with open arms to welcome you home.
But not anymore.

You remembered how you wanted to take the last flight the night she left, to get back home to her.
To see her one last time, to hold Yoongi in your arms and tell him it would be okay.

Yet none of that happened. Why? Because of Brandon.

You looked at the house. You were transported back in time, that night at the hospital when you were screaming, crying, begging them to let you go, begging them to let you see her one last time.

"Please... please... I want to see her... I just want to see her... let me see her one last time......"

You wiped at the tears flowing down your cheeks, your hand reaching out for the bell.

Just then the door opened. You gasped, surprised. Placing your hand on your chest.
Yoongi stood there, eyes squinting to look at you. His oversized shirt was crumpled.

He was napping.

"Why are you standing there crying like that... you know how terrifying it is to find someone standing outside your door crying in the middle of the day", he grabbed your wrist and dragged you in, shutting the door behind you.

Your eyes adjusted to the darkness inside, it was a stark contrast against the bright sunny dandy day outside.
But then again, this was normal for Yoongi.

"I... uh... where you like waiting for me to pop up or something?", you made your way to Nana's room.
Yoongi didn't stop you, he just stared at you.

You pushed the door open. The room seemed bleak, the familiar scent of her skin still in there somewhere.
You walked up to her bed and sat down.

So many nights, so many days, she'd held you and lulled you to sleep on this very bed. You'd cry and cry and eventually fall asleep in her arms.

You looked at the picture on the bed stand. The sticker on it read, 'a happy day'.
It was a picture from the day you all went to the amusement park.
Nana stood in between, her frail arms holding you both in place by her side. You all had your biggest, brightest smiles on.

You felt Yoongi's fingers brushing softly against your face. You pressed your palm against your mouth and broke down into sobs.
He sighed and pressed your face against his chest.

Your voice was muffled, "I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry I couldn't be here... I'm so sorry... So sorry..."

"She prayed for you day and night. The day before.... that day.. she told me to always keep you happy and never leave your hand.", you felt his chest shaking, he laughed.

"As if I could ever stop myself from doing any of that."

Despite the pain, you smiled. Grabbing his shirt and holding onto him tighter.