Ready?

Running up the stairs, you took hold of the knob on your door pushing it open.
You hands fumbled for the light switch, flicking it on as you shut the door behind you.

You slid down the door, slowly hitting the cold floor.
Thing really never change, do they.

It was always the same in this house, you ran upto your room and shut the door when you were scared, when you wanted to escape, when you wanted to breathe.

It was the same ten years before, it is the same now.

Brandon.

Brandon was here. Of course he was here and of course your Father wanted to talk to you about him.

You took your phone out of your jacket, turning it on.
Yoongi : Let me know when you are ready to listen.

You switched it off.
Should you tell him that Brandon was here? Shouldn't he be knowing that since they were friends anyway? Or were they?

You jumped up at the knock on the door, startled.
You stood up and unlocked the door, Mom stood there with a plate full of croffle.

Your mouth gaped open, that was an enormous amount of food and you knew it was only normal for your Mother to think that was an absolutely insignificant amount of food.

"Mom-", she placed two fingers on your lips, handing you the plate.

"I have cleaned your room out, have this.
You look haggard. Tell me what exactly happened because your eyes are extremely swollen.
But shower first, find me when you're ready to talk."
You swallowed and nodded as she smiled and kissed your forehead and left.

Shutting the door, you placed the plate of food on the bed stand.

The room was just as you left it. The paintings you made in school. The strings of fairy lights that helped you feel safe. The five pillows you needed to sleep. The pastel pink study table with the succulents.

The journal...

You slid the drawer open, three diaries. You knew where to look.
Taking hold of the first one, you flipped open the page with the scrunched up yellow paper nestled there.
Your fingers traced along the paper as you took it in your hands and unfolded it.

Seeing you was the best part of my day...

Your first ever love letter.
Your fingers brushed past the name scribbled at the end of the page as you felt yourself smiling.

Min Yoongi

A sigh slipped past your lips. God knew you wanted him in your arms then, holding him tight.
But again times had changed. Nothing was the same anymore.

You put the paper back where it was, shutting the drawer.

You took off your clothes, wrapping up a towel around yourself as you filled in the tub for a long, warm bath.

You finished the croffle, so good, so sweet, absolutely perfect and fitting for the array of emotions orchestrating within you.

You went in the bathroom, taking off the towel and slowly sinking into the heavenly warm water.

The water cocooned you, lapping up against every inch of your body. Washing off every bit of the days' remnants off you.

You sighed and rested your head back, closing your eyes.

The events of the day played in your head, it was supposed to be a simple, happy day. Yet it was anything but that.
You groaned in disgust as you remembered, you had to talk to your Father about Brandon.