Eye of the Storm

Yoongi opened the door, Chloe stood there, her expression a mix of disgust and annoyance.

"What happened?", Yoongi asked, his voice steady.

"Brandon Park is here.", you stiffened, looking at Yoongi.

"What does he want?", Yoongi raked his fingers through his hair, he looked pissed.

"He says he wants to make a deal. He has a job for us..
He says, it's the least we can do for what his Father did for us.", Chloe chewed out the words.

You were running towards the bar, Yoongi and Chloe following you.
You stopped right at the entrance and hid in the shadows, it was dark here.
Your dark clothes helped in perfectly blending in with the background.
Yoongi caught your arm and stood by your side.
Chloe took the other side, peeking.
Brandon was seated at the bar, he was conversing with a man in a black suit who stood there intently listening to him with an exceptional blank face.
Conversing would be a wrong word, he was yelling.
"... A simple fucking job...
I mean really, how did you guys even build this place up from what it used to be when that stupid fuck Marcus was alive..",
You almost leapt out of the shadows, Yoongi took your arm and held you tight.
You noticed Chloe holding up her phone in his direction.
She was recording.

"... My Father made it so much easier for you guys... he gifted this building to Marcus, he paid you guys for ages and then that stupid fuck says no to everything and fucks everything up..", he downed his drink.

You could feel Yoongi's chest pressing against your back, he was breathing hard. His hands were wrapped around your chest, holding you to him.

"... and dies. Still you guys decide to stick to your fucking rules instead of doing what you're supposed to be fucking doing...", he stood up from his stool.

"... Who is your new boss anyway, I've never seen or met that guy.
Too big of a pussy, is he? Scared to draw attention? Afraid that my Father will get him killed?", he laughed, his speech was slurred. He was drunk.

Chloe whipped her head around to stare at Yoongi. You realized what she had recorded.
Your eyes widened, heart pounding loudly.
You heard Yoongi sucking in a breath.

"Call your Boss, I want to talk to him.
Call him!", he yelled and staggered back.

The man looked at the bartender and back at Brandon.
"We cannot do that, Sir.", he politely replied.

Brandon looked up and stared at the man, he walked up to him and put his hands on his shoulders.
"Listen fuckface, it's my wedding tomorrow. I need to get something done, all I want you to do is a job for which you'll get paid...
Why is it so hard for you to understand..
Do you want me to shut down this fucking place?"

Chloe put her phone in your hand, turning around and walking towards Brandon.
Yoongi had already loosened his grip on you, but you could barely stand anymore.
Your head was reeling.

"... it's my wedding tomorrow.."

You clutched the phone harder, your other hand grabbing on to Yoongi's arm.
Yoongi was staring intently at Chloe.

"Sir, I'd have to ask you to leave.", she stood tall as she glared at Brandon.

"And who are you?...", Brandon smirked and walked towards Chloe, he towered over her, his face inches away from hers.

"Do you know what I do to silly little girls like you?..
Oh.. you've been marked already...
It's a surprise how you're still so stupi-", he words died as her hand smacked against his throat.

Brandon simply collapsed on the floor, his eyes shut.
It was almost funny as Chloe bent down delicately and checked if he was breathing.

Once confirmed, she nodded to the man who was attending to Brandon and then he was carried outside.

Chloe turned towards you,"You marrying this son of a bitch? Really?"

You sighed.