Home

The cab came to a stop. You looked at the mansion, standing stark against the blue hue of the night sky.

Sometimes it really felt surreal that you were born here, among all this wealth, never for once feeling like you belonged.

Yoongi paid the fare and slowly got out, he held out his hand.
You looked at him and stepped out.

The cab drove off. Leaving you two standing there in silence.

"You should go, it's late.", your voice was hoarse, cracked. You cleared your throat and looked up at him.

He stood there staring at you.

"If you... I.. I have a lot to tell you if you'd just listen." He had never ever had to ask you to listen before.
He knew you always did.
But you just didn't know if you wanted to hear what he had to say anymore.

Unable to come up with words, you just nodded your head.

"Bye, Y/n...", he took a longing look at you one last time, turned around and left.

You wanted to run after him, but instead you raked your fingers through your hair and went up to the metal gate.

It was open, you walked in. The guards bowed to you, you returned the gesture.

The lights were on at the entrance. You went up to the door and pressed the bell.

There was a short pause and then the door opened.

"Mom-", you were engulfed into warm arms. The smell of jasmine hit your nose, bringing back a truckload of memories.

"Oh I missed you so much.... Couldn't you be here sooner... "
She stopped and sniffed your head, then held you at an arm's length, staring.

"I..... was.... uh.... taking a walk in the rain....
Do I stink that bad....?", She nodded her head and scrunched up her nose.

You both laughed, you missed her so much. The only person who ever understood you.

Home really just meant, her.

"Go shower and get changed, did you eat?"
You thought about it, the food, the person, the event.
You nod your head.

"Yeah, I was like really hungry so had something.
Not hungry anymore, Ma."

She nodded and went to the kitchen, maybe to force something extremely sweet down your throat, who knows.

You looked at the place, the same chandeliers, the same wooden staircase, the same family portrait.

You slowly dragged your feet up the stairs, climbing one step at a time as you got nearer to the giant family portrait.

You traced the picture with the tip of your fingers.

"So you've finally found your way home."
You knew that voice, you also knew the rage, hate, pain it evoked deep within you.

Every single cell in your body refused to acknowledge his presence but you turned.

"Father."

He smiled, showing teeth. He came down the stairs, enveloping you in his arms.

You didn't move, you just stood there with your arms by your side.

"What happened to you... what did you do...", he trailed off examining your crumpled clothes and damp hair.

"Nothing, it was raining so I got caught in it.
I need a shower, can I leave?"
He stared at you for a moment, his expression clouded as always.

His hands released you, without a word you turned around and left but his words echoed in your wake.

"Meet me in the library when you're done. We need to talk, Brandon is here."