Repudiation

"After the entire... Jola fiasco... I used to be really restless.. ", your voice trailed off, eyes closing as the images resurfaced.
"Jola.. who?", Mom asked.
"Jola was... Park's right hand man. He was sent to Titanium to spy on Marcus and ruin all our plans on keeping all the people safe there", Yoongi muttered as he sat down beside you, taking your hand in his.
"Jola tried killing my Father.
However, I got there right on time.. But.. he abducted and took away all the children with him.
And.... killed Hiro.. ", Devin's voice was almost inaudible, he looked away.
Hiro and Devin were inseparable as kids.
Right from the moment they met, they chose to stay together all the time.
Chloe looked at Mom as she explained, "Hiro was a kid who was rescued by Nebs.
That little kid was almost sold off by Park when Nebs stepped in and brought her to Titanium, she looked after her.
Hiro followed her everywhere..
Jola knew how precious Hiro was to Nebs."
You couldn't hold back the tears anymore. You buried your face in your palms as you cried, your chest heaving with every painful breath you took.
Hiro who you couldn't save, little Hiro who trusted you with her entire life, little Hiro who could never sleep without you.
"Nebs got really quite after that day. None of us could fathom why she wanted to leave Titanium, she got really restless and almost killed people while sparring.
Marcus was concerned that she was on edge after Hiro's murder...", Chloe wiped off the lone tear that had slipped down her cheek.
"Then one day... Jola returned with a bunch of people.
He was after me this time..
My Father called for Yoongi and Y/n.
I guess that was the day Y/n's father got to know about Titanium and what she did here..", Devin came and stood beside Chloe, hugging her shoulder.
"... They were called here to look after the children but.. things took an unprecedented turn when she saw Jola holding me hostage..."
"... I remember the way she screamed, the rage in her eyes before she leapt at the man twice her size..
I had never seen that side of her.. I never thought I'd see her like that..", Chloe shuddered.
"... things happened really fast as we all got really busy tackling the other men...
By the time the situation got under control, Jola was broken and bleeding from every part of his body and Y/n... she.. kept hitting him... she hit him.. broke him.. till her hands were bloodied and bruised..
Marcus and Yoongi had to come and hold her back before she could do the worst.." Devin touched your shoulder lightly.
"Jola survived. He was the one who returned to kill Marcus but then both of them died in the shootout", Yoongi stated, his eyes glazed over, unfocused.
"But that was the last time we saw Nebs.
Yoongi came to Titanium after Marcus' death and we got to know that she's left for London..", Chloe held Mom's hand gently, who had tears running down her cheeks now.
"We also heard about Brandon abducting her but what I was really curious about was what had she been up to all this time in London
Specially after the interaction with Brandon?", Devin questioned, looking at you straight in the eyes with a confused look on his face.
You wiped at the tears and moved the hair out of your face, staring straight ahead.
Your voice was hoarse as you spoke, "They told me I wouldn't be able to walk anymore.
I didn't take that well..", you looked down at the pristine white bed sheet.
"... The pain within was so overpowering that I went insane trying to fight it.
I started drinking.. I got into fights..
I let people hit me till I was bloodied and bruised..
Till I lay broken, bleeding on the side of the pavement.
Weirdly that numbed the pain..", your finger traced the soft fabric as you swallowed the lump in your throat.
"... Then I started fighting back. I fought till I passed out and eventually realized I could use my leg again.
It took a lot of time before I could feel normal again..
But till then I'd turned into something that I never thought I could be.", you looked up at your Mother, who had been sobbing quietly.

"I spent a long amount of time trying to get past those days. But I knew a day like this would come when I'd have to give in."