Murder

"Stop.", her voice was frail yet strong.
Her eyes were on you, gaze holding yours.
You shook your head and really looked at Brandon this time.
He was quite literally whimpering and bleeding from every part of his body.
You lowered your boot, your arms slumping by your side.
Your Mother coughed and slumped to the floor, you instantly bent down and pulled her up.
"Let's get.... out .... of... ", she fainted.
Blood ran down her nose.
You looked back at how much the fire had increased.
The entire library was on fire, only the exit was left out.
You slowly drag your Mother out but then halt as you hear laughter booming behind.
You turn around to look at Brandon.
He wiped at the blood trickling down his face, still smirking.
"You really thought it would be that easy?
If you're not mine, you're nobody else's."
There was a loud crash as you jerked your head towards the exit.
You could see the fire slowly spreading outside.
"Yeah... the entire house is on fire.
The only way for you to escape.... is to die...", he laughed.
You closed your eyes. You had to get Mom out at any cost.
You took off your jacket and wrapped it around Mom. You put your arm around her and hoisted her up.
The smoke was so strong, you coughed.
Nothing much was visible past the vibrant red fire and the muddled smoke.
Your eyes watered as you looked outside the library, slowly dragging your feet outside.
Once out you looked back at Brandon again, his eyes were on you. Despite the hate, there was something weirdly solemn in his eyes this time.
It almost looked like he wanted to die.
You turned around and slowly made your way to the stairs, the fire was everywhere.
The heat emanating made you dizzy, you had to focus hard to step on the floor properly.
You had to save Mom.
She coughed, gasping for air.
You hauled her up on your back, thankfully she had the strength to hold onto you.
You slowly took one step at a time down the stairs.
Your head was reeling, your vision seemed blurry. You could barely see the steps in front of you.
You looked at the portrait on fire.
Suddenly there was a crash and one of the giant chandeliers fell down.
The glass splintering and splattering all across the hall.
Now you had to be even more careful, because the entrance was completely blocked.
You gulped and grabbed your Mother harder.
The heat was getting to your head now, things were crashing down from everywhere.
You coughed and took a step down, blinking hard to focus on the step in front.
But it was a wrong step as you slipped and fell, you grabbed your Mother and took the impact on the broken leg by folding it up and supporting all your weight on it.
The impact made you scream in pain.
Suddenly there was a commotion outside.
But the pain in your leg, caused you to completely blackout.
There was complete darkness before you yelled out, "Save her!"