Awake

"Save her!"
Your eyes fluttered open, you sat up straight. Instantly flinching in pain and grabbing your leg.
"Mom...", your eyes watered, tears spilling down your cheeks.
You felt a pair of arms holding your shoulders gently, another on your head.
You looked up at your Mother's face, her face was swollen, she had been crying. But she looked way better than the last time you saw her.
You buried your head in her chest, arms wrapping around her waist as you cried.
She held you tight to her chest.
"You saved me.. You saved me..", she repeated, her fingers combing through your hair.
Calming you down.
When you were calm enough, you sniffed and looked around. You realized it was a hospital.
You looked down at the cast on your leg and groaned.
"You really never listen, do you?", Yoongi's hoarse voice made you look up at him.
He had circles under his beautiful eyes, he looked exhausted.
You held your arms wide open, breaking into another fit of tears at the sight of him.
He came and pressed your face against his chest, kissing the top of your head as his hand wrapped tightly around your shoulders.
You couldn't stop crying, recalling the moments so close to death that you thought you'd never see him again.
You grabbed him tighter and then halted.
You held your hand and brought it to your face, eyes widening at the diamond ring glittering on your finger.
"B-but-"
"But I found it.. It was right there beside the chandelier, safe and untouched by the fire...", his voice trailed off as his eyes filled with anguish.
"Why did you take it off?", Mom asked.
"Brandon.. he forced it out of my finger and threw it away..", you trailed off.
"Is he..."
"Dead.", Yoongi's voice was monotone.
"By the time I told them to go up there, he was... gone...", Mom said, eyebrows knitted together.
Chloe and Devin entered the room, Chloe was in scrubs, managing to make that look high fashion.
She ran into your arms and hugged you tight.
"Oh man... Oh man I thought you'd be barbecued..", she whispered against your forehead.
"Okay but how were you hit? Where?", you pulled her away, examining her top to toe, thoroughly.
She smiled and looked at Devin.
Who shook his head and looked frustrated.
"Well I tried to avoid getting hit by the car, Brandon the bitch had arranged for me.
But uh we weren't prepared for the gunshots, I was trying to keep Mom safe and Mr. Bear took a few bullets for us..."
"Is he...."
"He's alive, just needs a few more days to heal.", Devin mumbled.
"...And then he was down, so like they caught up and those men kinda threw a few punches in before grabbing Mom and taking her away..
By the time they were all down..
She was gone...", you held her tight.
"It's okay... you did your best..
You're a brave girl", Mom came and hugged her from behind.
Chloe instantly perked up and hugged her back.
"What I really need to ask though.. ", Devin slowly walked up to you, eyebrow cocked, looking amused.
".. How did you manage to break Brandon's skull and quite literally most of his bones?"
You bit your lip and looked at Mom, who stared back at you.
There were a lot of questions in her eyes and you knew you needed to answer them.
You sighed and begun.