Rain

The sudden downpour was weirdly timed.
It was almost like the sky cracked open, pouring its contents out.
The soothing sound of rain hitting the pavement was a stark contrast against the rage you felt brewing within.

"He was your what.." your hand was fisted in his now. It just automatically happened when you were pissed.

"He was my friend. I know you thought he was just a harmless neighbour.
He was my friend, I never introduced you two for reasons...." He shook his head sideways, his hands coming up to rub his face.

You just sat there, hands gripping the table now. Suddenly the food in front looked unappetizing.
Your head was getting clouded, you felt dizzy. Heart thumping against your chest.

All because you didn't know where to begin. What to say or what to do.

An incredulous, painful noise escaped your throat. In an instant you were on your feet, you took your bag, turned around and left.

The rain hit you in the face, you could hear Yoongi calling out your name, telling you to wait.
But you couldn't, you couldn't stand there or look at him.

The rain slowly drenched the coat you were wearing, making it heavy. Your feet felt heavy as you dragged yourself one step at a time. Your throat ached, you could see nothing in front partly for the rain and partly because of the tears pooling in your eyes and flowing down freely.

You stumbled and fell, palms flat against the asphalt. Head bowed.
Suddenly, you felt his hands on your shoulders, trying to lift you up.

You shook him off, screaming as the tears that you were holding in for so long, all poured out now.

Your chest heaved, shoulders shaking as you broke down. Searing pain shooting through your heart as you hit his chest, thunder cracked in the sky above as you kept repeating the same words over and over again in between gut wrenching sobs.

"How could you
How could you
How could you
How could you.."

He said nothing, he just held you tight to his chest. The rain drenching you both as you sat there on the side of the road.
You screamed against his chest, all the pent up anger, rage, questions, pain that you had kept in all these years pouring out.

The rain eventually stopped, so did your sobs. Yoongi's shirt was sticking to his chest, your hair plastered against your forehead.
The tears kept flowing, but the burning in your throat made you stop screaming.
You finally look around, bringing your hand up to wipe your face and then looked up at him.

His eyes were red, solemn. He had been crying. His eyes were no longer bright. His hair was drenched, hanging across his forehead, the corner of his lips were down.

His arms still wrapped tight against you, there were a few people gathered around but neither of you cared.

You slowly tried to push yourself up holding on to his arms as he helped you get to your feet.

The crowd scattered as you two stood facing each other. Staring at each other.

"I'm guessing you haven't been home yet.
Let me take you.
Please."
You nod, drained and tired.

He hails a cab and you two get in. You almost forgot about your Father. That was gonna be another trip.