Trauma

You stood in front of the mirror, thankfully there was some life back to your face now.
Your skin glowed and hair looked soft and shiny.
You smiled at your reflection and dragged in a long, ragged breath.

Time to talk.

You slowly padded down the staircase, moving towards the library.
This used to be your hiding when you were a kid, Yoongi loved it here.
He used to be mesmerized by the differing colour contrasts of the shelves stacked with thousands of books.

You used to be there hiding, reading books and Yoongi used to stare at the shelves for hours which always made you giggle.

You smiled, abruptly stopping yourself when your eyes landed on your Father sitting by the fireplace.

You walked up to him and sat on the chair next to his.
"You had something to say?"

He lifted his head up, surprised at the sound of your voice.
He stared at you for a minute, nodded his head and took his glasses off, placing it on top of the book he was reading.

"Yes. I wanted to talk about a few things."
He leaned forward in his chair, eyes boring into you.

You stared back and waited. You knew he was an avid fan of theatrics before dropping fatal bombs.

"You're 29 now, correct?"

You frowned, and nodded.

"Brandon is here, has been here for a couple of years now. Maybe two or three..."

You zoned out, things slowly begun falling into place.

"... I know you've been friends and acquaintances for long enough now, you were together in London...."

What do I do...

".... He's from a reputed family, he's really good at what he does. I'm extremely impressed with how he's been handling his father's business...."

Yoongi...

".... He told me he fancies you, honestly I don't see any issues with that. He's been helping me with a lot these past few years..."

Fuck no, I don't want this.

".... I want you to meet him, take things further. I think that would be the best for us and the company."

Your breathing was shallow now, your nails biting into the soft leather encasing the chair.

"I want you to get married as soon as possible. Possibly, by next month."

You blinked slowly. Your throat begining to ache.

"I... what...", your voice was barely audible.

"I want you to get married, Y/n.
You told me not to bother you in London, I didn't.
But I'm quite happy with how things turned out.", he placed his hands on yours.

"This time, you didn't disappoint.", he smiled at you, eyes sparkling with pride.

Your eyes were burning.
"Why are you doing this to me?", you croaked out.

"Oh, don't be stupid.
It's the least you can do, after all that disappointment you brought to this family and me.", he stood up.

He looked down at you, face inches away from yours.
"Your Mother is still paying for your mistakes and you have the guts to talk back to your Father?
Instead of taking the responsibility for bringing shame to this family and ruining my reputation?"

When I get back, I will be a good daughter.

It made sense then, you wanted to pay for your 'sins' as your Father phrased it. You didn't want to see your Mother crying anymore.
You wanted to stand between all the curses, your Father hurled at her every waking hour of her existence.
You wanted to stay in the house and abide by the rules and help with the business so that you could be with her and keep her safe.

You remembered all those moments you had spent with her, sobbing in your arms.
Trying to tell you to run away and live peacefully.
"Either leave this house and never return or stay and become stronger for that day you're in charge."

You realized your cheeks were wet now.
The cycle was never ending, you wanted to break the cycle.
You could never abandon her, you couldn't do it then. You can't do it now.

Is being a good daughter my only option now?

He was mumbling something.

"I will meet him."

You looked up at him, he had stopped talking.

There was a long pause and then he smiled, leaning forward placing his hands on your shoulders.

"You really have changed, my Daughter."