Duel

Brandon's voice was almost inaudible, his eyes wide open. "Yoongi...?"

You just stood there staring between the two of them. Standing absolutely still.
Yoongi stood tall and angry, glaring at Brandon. Brandon crouched near the bed, looking like he'd seen a ghost. It was almost startling to see fear in his eyes.

"Thought I was gone for good?", Yoongi took a step towards him, his hands straightening out the sleeves of his suit, smirking.

You wanted to jump out the window and run out of the house for two reasons. One, the anxiety that surfaced when thinking about what would happen if these two start fighting. Two, to explain everything to the elders downstairs.

Brandon stood up straight, as if done composing himself. The maniac grin was back on his face. This time he looked at Yoongi with nothing but pure hatred in his eyes.
"I did think you were gone...
But it's good to see you here, now I can make sure you're present at our wedding."

"You think I'd let that happen?"

All of you turned at the same time.
Mother stood at the door. Her eyes flashing, mouth set into a thin line.
She was really angry.

"Mom...", you trailed off as she stepped into the room, shutting the door behind.

"That's not happening. She will never be yours. I'll personally make sure of that.", your Mother stood tall, glaring at Brandon.

Yoongi was quiet, he just stood there looking at Mother.

You didn't know what to do, mostly because you didn't have anything to say or do when Mother was angry.

Brandon looked shocked at first, his shoulders hunched as he took a step back.

"For as long as I'm alive, I will go to every length to make sure that she never ends up like me."
You wanted to hold her and calm her down. Your eyes stung. She was visibly shaking with rage.

Surprisingly, Yoongi didn't even flinch as he reached out to touch her shoulder gently.
He slowly guided her towards the bed and sat her down.

She kept staring at Brandon, but her hand held onto Yoongi's arm tightly as he knelt in front of her, looking down.

"Then I will see the end of it.
Given the fact that your husband practically fixed our marriage at the age of five.... I don't think you have much of a say in it...", you slapped him across the face.

There was a moment of silence, as you stood there out of breath. Your palm stung.

Your Mother and Yoongi, both stood stunned looking at Brandon.

He rubbed his hand on his cheek, his lips pulled into a smirk.
He turned towards Yoongi, looking straight at him.
"You have two minutes to leave. Or I'll make sure she suffers for what she did."

Yoongi's eyes moved to yours, searching. You swallowed and nodded your head.
He touched Mother's arm once and turned around.

His silhouette slowly melted into the dark as he left.

Brandon's phone pinged.
He looked at it and grimaced.

"It looks like the party's over.", Brandon grabbed your arm and hurled you down the stairs.

You'd either murder him or.. well that seemed like the only way out at the time. You shut your eyes and let him drag you, instead of resisting.