Game

Yoongi casually walked up to your Father. His hair was brushed back, his black suit was neat, hugging his body.

You realized you've never really seen him in a suit before and this wasn't exactly very good for your health.

Your fingers itched to rip everything off him. You gulped and shook your head.

Belatedly registering the situation in front.

Yoongi extended his hand towards your Father, who looked at him with narrowed eyes.
Your heart pounded in your chest, so many things could go wrong all at once in a matter of seconds.

After a torturous pause, your Father finally took his hand, shaking it.

Yoongi bowed, "Thank you for having me this evening, it would be an honour playing for you.."
His eyes landed on Brandon.
"..Hope you enjoy."

Brandon's eyes narrowed as Yoongi turned around and left. Slowly walking towards the piano by the fountain.

The chatter was back up. Your hand lay on your throat as you looked at Yoongi.

First of all, you couldn't figure out how he pulled something like this.
Secondly, you were terrified of what would happen if things take a wrong turn.
Third, your heart was fluttering in your chest because Yoongi was reunited with a piano. Reunited with music.

"He's definitely not better looking than me.
Stop staring.", you cocked an eyebrow and turned around to face Brandon.

"Of all the things I wanted to ask you. There's only one question that's significant.", he looked genuinely concerned, as if he could barely understand anything you said.

".. What are you trying to do?"

A pause followed.
He raised his arm, his fingers coming up to brush your hair away from your face.
You flinched and stepped back.
"I just want what's mine, Y/n.. "
He bared his teeth, face inches away from yours.
"Your boyfriend thinks he can get everything he wants.
Everything that I ever wanted..
Everything that is MINE..", he growled.
There was a hint of emotion in his eyes this time. Anger.

".. It took me years to get where I am just to have you by my side.
Just to take you away from him... "
You stood your ground, unflinching.

"... Remember what I told you that day? We are fated to be together, babe.
I will never let anybody come between us.."

"Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please.", Yoongi's voice boomed.
You turned around and walked away from Brandon.
Your breathing was laboured, head dizzy.
You found yourself walking upto the fountain.
The air was cool here, you could breathe better.

You closed your eyes and opened them, Yoongi's eyes rested on you for a second, concern laced in them.
It was like he was asking if you were okay.

You subtly nodded your head, straightening your back.

He looked down and began playing. You remembered how every night you'd play his music before sleep. It was like having him close to you, embracing him in your arms.

You remembered all those times you spent standing outside the door, staring at him playing piano for hours at music class.

That's how you fell for him.
Falling for him was easy, it was like the most natural occurence.
You fell for the way his fingers glided like water across the keys, you fell for the way he glowed when he stared down at the piano with the softest of emotions in his eyes, you fell for the way his hair fell on his forehead as he bathed in the glory of his passion.

His first love, his piano.

You smiled and clapped as he finished. Everyone applauded, cheering him.

Your heart filled to the brim with pride and love. Your arms itched to hold him tight.
He stood up and waved at everybody.
He looked at you, his eyes crinkled.
You knew he was smiling beneath his mask.

You smiled back.