January

Eric POV:

I watch Grace pull an unconcious intiate off the mat. And even while she did that she looked sexy as hell.
I smirk when i think about all the things we did yesterday.
"Alright, initiates gather up!", i shout and my voice booms across the training hall.
I point at the board behind me that was still covered up.
"You'll see your rankings in a few seconds. Everyone below the line is out! Those who are will meet me in the pit in 5.", i say and cross my arms before my chest.
I step back and Four pulls the cover away from the board.
The initiates look at the board in anticipation, and when they find their names some let out a sigh of relief and a few others start crying.
I roll my eyes and make my way to the pit.

----------------------

I step into the already packed messing hall and make my way to my usual table.
Max was currently laughing at something as i wrap my arms around Grace's waist, making her squeal out of surprise while i kiss the crook of her neck quickly.
"Hey beautiful.", i mutter into her ear and see her shiver, i smirk pleased at myself.
"Hey handsome.", she retorts with a grin.
Its been over 6 months since we found that dead girl and the message in her apartment and surprisingly those fuckers hadnt done anything since then.
We still had difficulties trying to find out who the traitors were or what exactly their plan was and i was getting more and more pissed off with every month that passed.
Luckily though, Grace had sorted her brain out, she moved into my apartment and she finally seemed genuinely happy again.
I smile into the cup as i take a sip of my drink.
Something had changed about her and eventhough i couldn't exactly point my finger on what it was, i liked it.
I loved the fact that after 16 years of practically being friendzoned i could finally call her mine.
"Soooo Grace", Tris sang and i roll my eyes at her behavior," your birthday is in less then a month..."
Grace looks at Tris in confusion , but wipes the look off her face quickly and replaces it with a huge grin.
"What are you indicating,Tris?", she asks and her melodic, angel like voice rings in my ears.
Fuck, since when did i became so soft or so...poetic in that matter.
I groan at myself and bite into my burger forcefully.
"Im just wondering if you're such a birthday grumpy as those two or not.", she asks nonchalantly pointing at Four and myself, making us both roll our eyes in unision.
"Shut up stiff!", i growl earning laughs.
"No im not, don't worry.", Grace reassures and takes my hand, drawing circles on the back of my hand in a calming manor.
Tris was really testing my patience sometimes.
"Finally!", she and Lauren exclaim and i glare at them, with that the topic was dropped.
I frown for a second and lean into Graces side, breathing in her soft scent.
"Since when did you like your birthday? Did i miss something?", i ask suspiciously.
I feel her stiffen beside me but she quickly relaxes again and turns around to face me completely.
She cups my cheeks into her small hands and looks at me with those sparkeling eyes.
"We were apart for one year. People change you know?", she mutters so only i could hear.
I nod. Well it made sense.
I look at her soft pink lips and cant resist the urge to kiss them, so i do.
She wraps her arms around me neck and smiles into the kiss.
Someone clears their throat and i deattach myself from her lips groaning.
Max glares at me and shakes his head.
"I seriously dont want any soft porn in here so please do that when you're alone, are we clear?", he says sternly and i chuckle at his voice.

------------------------------

"What are we doing?", Grace whispers as we sneak across the dark hallways.
I tighten my grip on her hand and pull her faster.
"What do you think? You're former Erudite, use your brain... Cupcake.", i tease and smirk when i hear her sigh out of frustration.
"Did you finally realize that im not worth it and decided to push me down the roof to find someone better?", she asks, and her voice sounds a little too hopeful, so i  stop and spin around abruptly making her run right into me, hitting her head on my chest.
"Ouch.", she groans and rubs her forehead while looking up at me,"why did we stop?"
I lower my head so i could look into her eyes better.
"Listen to me Grace, i would never do something like that okay? I decided on you for a reason. I love you, and only you and you are fucking mine. Noone elses. Mine.", i growl and press my lips forcefully onto hers just to underline what i just said.

Even after more than 6 months she kept saying these things as if she wanted me to leave her for some other bitch, which just infuriated me more.
When we finally broke apart she managed to squeak out an almost inaudible 'Okay' and i grab her hand again and we start walking.
Its silent for a long time between us and we finally arrive at the roof, not stopping but starting to run and jumping into the train, which happened to pass by.
We stand at opposite sides and stare at eachother panting.
"Where are you taking me?", she asks, finally catching her breath.
I smirk and just wink at her.
"You'll find out."
She groans and sinks onto the floor, crossing her arms and pouting like a little child.
I stare at her and smile. She looked so cute like that. And i couldn't help but thank whomever it was that brought us together, that she was mine.
"You can pout all you want but i wont tell you until we're there.", i say and send her a cheeky grin.
She shakes her head and looks out of the door.

Soon we arrive at our destination and jump out, hand in hand, landing perfectly onto the still snow covered grass.
I watch as Grace looks around, confused.
"Amity?", she asks hugging her body trying to keep herself warm and turns to me.
I smirk and take her hand in mine, pulling her towards the little spot hidden from Amity headquaters.
She gasps at the sight infront of us and turns to me a big smile plastered on her beautiful face.
We sit onto the blanket, which i spread across the ground and i pull a bottle of wine out of the bag in front of it.
I give her a glass and take a sip straight out of the bottle myself.
We sit there the whole night, while she complains about being cold every once in a while, and look at the stars, pointing out star constellations that we still remembered, laughing at them.
I havent gone star gazing in a while now and i remembered the first time i did.
It was with Kaitlyn, the only real girlfriend i had besides Grace. I remember us laughing our heads off when i started pointing out imaginary constellations.

Grace leans her head onto my shoulder and i look at her star illuminated face.
I look into her forest green eyes and find her already looking at me lovingly.
She cups my cheek and brings my face down to hers, kissing my lips lightly.
She pulls away and smiles.
I grunt at her attempt to tease me and force her lips onto mine again making her smile into the kiss.
I tug a strand of hair behind her ear and look deep into her eyes.
"I love you.", i mutter.
"And i love you.", she whispers back and we smile both enjoying this perfect moment.