Getting over your fears

Grace POV:

"Cant this train go any faster?", i shout, nervously pacing from one side of the train cart to the other.
The others just watch me but dont make a move to calm me down. Good.
My mind was a mess right now, i was worried. I knew what would happen if Eric saw the man again. I watched his fears. I saw his worst fear, and it scared me how completely and utterly afraid he was.
This was not the Eric i knew. The strong, independent, sometimes a little too sarcastic, authorative Eric. No, that Eric was completely replaced by a man controled by fear.

*Flashback*

I hear someone gasp loudly, and some squicking noises coming from someones bed. I didnt need to look up to know that it was Eric who had just gotten up. I look at my watch. 3 o'clock in the morning. I raise from bed aswell and look around, my eyes slowly adjusting to the dark dormority.
I see that the others were still fast asleep only Eric was sitting in his bed, upright.
I raise from my bed and make my way towards him. He doesnt even acknowledge me, but he doesn't need to. I sit down beside him and as soon as my back touches the head of the bed, he puts his head on my shoulder, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.
"I havent seen you all day..", i mutter, hugging him from the side and moving a little, so his head was now on my chest and my chin rested on the top of his head.
"Fear landscapes are fucking hard...", he retorts, just as quiet. Fear simulations had taken a toll on all of us, but the person who suffered the most, was Eric.
I sigh and tighten my arms around him, just as he did too. Just two days ago a girl had jumped from the chasm. Everyone said that she couldn't take her fears anymore. I didnt want Eric to do the same.
"I can help you...", i suddenly murmur, making him raise his head from my chest and look at me with his eyebrows raised.
"What?", he asks, disbelief in his voice.
I nod eagerly, standing up from his bed and pulling him with me.
"I can help you get through. I wanna see your fears with my own eyes.", i say as i pull him through the double doors quietly.
"We cant d-", he starts, attempting to pull out of my strong grip, but i stop him with my other hand.
"Eric. I want to help you. I want to give you something to hold onto when you are in those fears.", i urge as we near the simulation room. He's quiet for a while and i let go of his hand, to open the door.
As soon as the door swings open, revealing the single chair in it and the computer with the small syringes, i turn back to him again and take his hands in mine.
"Eric...", i whisper looking at him intently," let me help you."
He closes his eyes, frowning and letting out a long deep, exhausted sigh.
He then opens his eyes again looking at me with his blue eyes and nods.
I pull him into the room immediately putting the wires on his head. I fill up two syringes and start the computer. I've seen Amar do this so many times before, i could do it in my sleep now.
I inject Eric and then myself as i sit onto his lap.
"Dont be afraid...", i mutter before we both drift off.