Reminisce

Grace Pov:

"Hey what are you reading?", i hear someone ask me as i close the book to take sips out of my still warm coffee. I look up to that person just to see Four and Rob taking a seat infront of me.
Ive been reading this book this whole morning. Reading about my past. About my moments with Eric.
I wasnt even half way through my diary but i already knew more about Eric, as the person he supposedly really was, then i would have ever imagined.
"Oh nothing. Its just my old Dairy from my days in Erudite. Quiet interesting i must say.", i say and open the diary again.
"So...any memories coming back yet?", Four asks hopefully making me sigh heavily.

Dear Dairy,
I've met a guy today. His name is Eric. I like him, hes different....

"Unfortunately not. You know...its just hard to believe, that...that Eric could be like this, you know?", i mutter.
Rob sighs, brushing his hand through his hair looking at me intently.
"Listen, dollface. You cant keep on pushing it. I aint no psycho but If you keep on pushing, your memories wont ever come back.", he says in a serious tone.

Dear Dairy,
Today was a good day. I know, its been a long time since I've wrote this sentence and truly meant it. Eric's been so nice to me the past few months, and somehow im convinced that although he acts toughough and almost never speaks, he is just a broken little boy by heart. He still shuts me out, but i intend to break his walls down and discover what lies beneath.

"I know.", i groan and keep my gaze fixed to the table. I didn't want to see their apologetic looks, because i knew that they had them on right now.

Dear Dairy,
He told me. Everything. About his life. His parents. Just everything. The funny thing is, he thought that i would unfriend him because of his past. I wouldnt. And i told him that.
To ease his mind i told him of my life. Of my fucked up past. And for the first time in my life someone unterstands. Im glad he told me and im glad i told him.

I pull out the loose paper that was hidden on the last page of my Dairy. Just between the cover and the last sheet. I had found it yesterday while going through the book.
I pull it out and wave it around for the guys to see.
'When you forget' was written in bold letters on it. It seems that the person had snuck into my old apaetment and put it inside my diary because this letter was written two weeks ago.
Curiosity was written all over their faces as Rob and Four urged me to read it.
So i did, chuckling at the faces they made

Dear Grace,

I really hoped you'll never have to open this. But just in case you do...

There's something about the way you laugh, the way you smile,that just make me feel like everything is okay.

I thought love like this didn't happen to people like me, I thought I would be doomed to bad relationship after bad relationship.

But then one day you showed up, and just like that it was like a light went on, my life got brighter and suddenly everything wasn't so bad.

I remember the first time we talked. We had been classmates for a while now, and i always admired how you would commit yourself to the lesson completely, how your eyes would take on a pensive sparkle, how you would bite your pencile, deep in thought. How your eyes would follow the teacher across the room as if your life depended on it.
I remember how you caught me starring once. You leaned over, keeping your gaze staight ahead.
"You know what i was thinking about?", you would whisper. My heart would flutter with excitement because you were ready to share your galaxie of thoughts with a simple boy you didnt even know. So i would simply shrug and wait for you to continue.
"I tried to imagine how many donuts i could stuff into my mouth, later on", you would say, the most beautiful smile dancing on your lips.

When I found you I was at my worst, I was scared of trusting again, I was hating myself for who I was, I felt like nothing would get better. You began to love me then, you saw past all the bad and you just saw
me and you wouldn't let me question it. For the first time in my life, I feel like maybe I am good enough, maybe I am a good person, no one else has ever so easily made me feel that.

No matter how hard everything gets, I know that you are here to
stay, you have loved me at my worst and you have loved me at my best, you have never judged me for the way I think or the
way I act.
For the first time in my life I actually know what it is like to love and to be loved unconditionally, finally I can see a future, a bright future of waking up every morning with my best friend, with the love of my life, with the person who saved me from me.

Im sorry for everything. You really must hate me. Just as the rest of Dauntless, but i just want to remind you...that there was a time when you didnt.
I will always love you even if it means that i have to let you go...

Yours truly,

Eric

Okay...so this is really shitty. I fo apologize. But i can explain it. There'll be an Authors note up today and all will be explain in due time.
So anyways...Thoughts on this chapter?
Liked it?
Hated it?
Meh?
Please comment and show this writer some love.