February

This chapter is dedicated to
CourageIsRed and @BlaireBailey because they are just awesome as it is ;)

Graces POV:

"Hey! Dollface! C'mon wakey wakey!", Rob says in a hushed voice tapping my shoulder repeatedly.
I groan and slap his hand away lazily. This seriously cant happen right now. Yesterdays testing had really tested my limits and i needed my beauty sleep.
Emphasis on sleep.
"C'mon wake up.", Rob hisses and pinches my shoulder forcefully, making me shoot straight up from the ground and rub my arm, trying to rub away the sudden pain spreading through my arm.
"What the hell, grandpa?!", i growl and narrow my eyes at the old man.
He smirks at me and rolls his eyes playfully.
"Finally. You're harder to wake up than sleeping beauty for fucks sake!", he says grumpily and takes out a rusty key, opening the cell door.
My eyes widen in shock as i stand up on my shaky feet.
Rob looks at me warningly.
"Dont try anything stupid babydoll just come with me.", he says and takes my arm dragging me down the hallway.
"The hell are you doing?", i ask, confused.
"Its your birthday, correct? Well I thought you might aswell get to see your lover... Even if its only through cameras.", he mutters while we enter some time of computer room. I look at him surprised and my heart beginns to flutter in excitement.
He locks the door behind us and puts the keys into his pocket giving me a warning look and turns to one of the main computers tying something.
"I have no idea how this works exactly, i just watched some guys typing shit into this thing.", he muttered and i cross my arms in anticipation.
I hadnt see anyone in more than 7 months.
They still hadnt figured out that Kaitlyn was with them and not me so nobody made any attempt to get me. But i still hadnt given up hope. Eventhough i was practically tortured by these people here, in attempt to open this damn box, i still held on onto the memories that Eric and I shared. And nobody, not even that Kaitlyn bitch could take those away.

The screen suddenly changes colours from black to white until i can see the Dauntless compound from different angles, clearly.
I look at the screen that shows the leaders hallways and immediately spot a bulky figure, clearly Eric, carrying a smaller figure, Kaitlyn, on his back. She giggles at something he says and my stomach turns painfully at the scene before me.
Eric hadnt changed a bit, i mean what did i expect, his lips are widened into a smile and i suddenly catch myself wishing i could kiss them and hold him in my arms again.
But not everything we wish for will come true for i am god knows where while he is being fooled by Kaitlyn.
I close my eyes temporarily trying to blend out the sudden pain in my heart and open them again watching them run out of the hallways and onto the roofs.
They sit onto the ledge and luckily the cameras were right above them so i could see them clearly.
I look at them as he pecks her lips, my lips, and she laughes, blushing.
I scoff. I dont blush that easily. Eric should know that. But appereantly he didn't for it didnt faze him one bit.
They talk something as Eric takes her hands in his, kissing them one after the other and looking at her with such admiration in his eyes that my stomach turns out of jealousy.
That bitch!
My eyes become watery, but i dont allow the tears to spill and watch in horror at what happens next.
Eric takes something black out of his pockets, not taking his eyes off of her, off of me, while talking something and suddenly i wish i could hear them talking, but i couldn't and it was for the best that i didnt because i knew his words would hurt me just as much as the scene before me.
I realize that that black thing was a little box containing a ring.
Kaitlyn gasps and puts her hands over her mouth in pure surprise, just as i would have done.
My hands fall to my sides and my legs start to get wobbly as she says something smiling brightly at him and as he takes one of her hands and slides the future wedding ring onto her finger.
They are doing something but i dont pay attention anymore. I just stand there completely unable to move as my heart crumbles into a million pieces.
I couldnt comprehend what just happened before my eyes.
Tears were threatening to spill, but i quickly blink them away and move again, towards the door.
"Rob, could you please bring me back to my cell?", i ask in a low voice.
He looks between me and the screen for a few moments before moving towards the door aswell and unlocking it.
We walk in complete silence until im in my cell again, making myself as comfortable as i could on the cold concrete floor.
I bring my knees up to my chin and stare blankly at a point before me.
Rob shuffles uncomfortably and clears his throat.
"I didnt mean to-", he starts.
I just shake my head.
"Its okay Rob. Just leave it. Im tired.", i tell him and turn away from him closing my eyes.
He huffs.
"I just- Well.... Happy birthday, doll face.", he mutters.
"Yeah...thanks. It was really nice of you by the way.", i say, my voice muffeled by my arms.

-----------------------------

"You know the drill. Sit.", Claire commands as i drag my aching body towards the chair.
Here we go again.
I sit onto the chair leaning my head back and closing my eyes.
The scenery from this morning was still swirling around in my head as if it was tattooed on my brain.
I hadnt allowed myself to cry up until now.
It was my birthday, and i was 'celebrating' alone yet again.

"You will be left with nothing."

Kaitlyns words were echoing in my head louder than ever and i caught myself starting to believe her and that hurt like hell.

The tubes inject me with the serum and im thrown back into the sim again.

-----------------------------

I was currently sitting in my cell again after one of the other guards had lead me to the showers. Claire had granted me a more than welcome shower after more then 5 weeks without it.
I scratch the almost healed wounds on my hands, making them bleed again.
I sigh and keep starring blankly at the grey, almost black, stonewall before me.
Over the months i felt my body growing weaker and weaker. I didnt know how long i could endure those simulations, since they kept me in them until i literally am almost killed, but i knew that it wouldnt be long anymore. I may be trained, strong and all but i also had my limits, me doing this unwillingly just added up to it.
My thoughts were interrupted by heavy footsteps echoing through the hallways.
I didnt even need to look up to know that it was Rob.
He plopped onto his usual chair and sighed heavily.
It was silent for a very long time, i almost thought he would have fallen asleep but then he stands up and opens the cell door wide enough for him to enter, closing it behind him.
He then sits down next to me and looks at me.
"What are you doing old man?", i ask, my voice sounding croakier than i intended it to be.
He scratches the back of his neck nervously and places something wrapped in paper towels onto my lap.
"Since i fucked up with my present for you, i thought I'd give you another one.", he shrugs, motioning to the paper bundle on my legs.
I remove the paper towels to find a newly bought set of cards in them.
I laugh lightly, tightening my grip on them until my knuckles are white.
"What? Lost yours?", i ask, tauntingly.
He rolls his eyes.
"No. I just thought playing with nice new ones is a little bit better than playing with old yellow ones that are also loosing their colors.", he says frowning and i smile at him.
"Thanks old man.", i say patting his leg and he winks at me.
Its silent between us.
"Are you okay, though?", he then asks eyeing me skeptically.
I take a deep breath and smile again this time with watery eyes.
"Im fine.", i mutter and we look at eachother for a long time until im not able to hold that stupid facade of mine up anymore, making my smile slowly die out and tears roll down my cheeks.
A desperate sob escapes my lips and i quickly cover my mouth with my hand.
Rob makes me lean onto his shoulder and i let out a whimper.
"He thought it was me...", i sob.

Rob stayed by my side the whole night as i cried myself in and out of sleep. I didnt ask him to. He just did and i was grateful for that.
But the hope that had kept me going the past few months?
It was now completely gone.
I give up.
Kaitlyn has won.