Guilt

3rd person:

"Again? Seriously dude?",Max asks as he approaches an almost completely drunk Eric from behind,"What did you do this time?"
Eric scoffs and empties his glass of scotch.
"Whay makes you think i did something? Cant a man get drunk in a bar, without that raising questions?", he asks annoyed at his friend. He was in no mood for this.
"Its Grace, am i right?", Max sighs and sits next to him.
Eric doesnt answer, there was no answer needed, Max already knew.
"What happened?", Max asks, ordering a gin tonic.
This was going to take its time to explain.
Eric grinds his teeth together at the memory. He was beyond furious, and disappointed at himself for letting the love of his life slip through his fingers like that.
He despised himself for laying a finger on her...and the look in her eyes when he did.

*Flashback*

Cole stumbles out of Graces room after taking her to bed safely. First step of his plan had already worked out eventhough he had to get wasted for that. He had to admit that she was a damn good kisser, drunk or not.
He laughs to himself as he stumbles down the dark hallway occasionally bumping into the wall next to him.
Suddenly he is pushed to that same wall, by a hand on his throat ,forcefully. He coughes, stunned at the sudden violation and at the sudden loss of oxygen. He doesnt even see the fist that comes right towards his face, just to hit him right in the face soon after.
He groans and the hand leaves his neck, which he rubs soothingly.
What was happening?
"Had fun?", a deep, dark voice growls, sounding oh so familiar and giving even him the worst goosebumps.
"Wha-what do you mean?", Cole chokes out not managing to look Eric into the eyes.
He lets out a dark chuckle it was clear as day that he was holding back his anger.
"I meant..did you have fun fucking my girlfriend?", he asks darkly but manages to speak without any anger evident in his voice.
"I didnt. I swear.", Cole persists, and groans in pain as Eric grabs his hand and starts twisting it into an unnatural angle.
"Oh dont bother....i cant believe you were with her. Are you trying to anger me on purpose, you unimportant piece of shit?", he hisses and at his last word Cole groans almost screaming out in pain as he hears the bones in his wrist snap.
"I swear i didnt...", Cole manages to say, keeping his voice from breaking, he was trying to persue Eric but now it almost sounded as if he was trying to convince himself. This was all a bad idea, he shouldn't have played with fire.
But it was too late now.
Eric growls and swings his fist, attempting to hit him again, but as a trained Dauntless soldier Cole knew what to do. Also, he may or may not had copied Graces move. He grabs Erics fists and turns the entire force agains him, making him fall back into the other wall, stunned.
But soon that surprise was wiped off Erics face and a raging fire of anger replaces it, making him look ten times more scary as usual. He charges forward throwing a fake hit to Coles stomach which he dodges, but doesnt see Erics other hand coming forth , grabbing him by his free arm and yanking him towards him. The only thing Cole hears is a nasty snap sound echoing through the dark hallway. He yells out, realizing his arm had been broken but attempts to kick Eric in the guts. He manages but that was already the best he could muster before Eric grabs him by his already aching throat and slams him back into the wall, his eyes glinting dangerously. The eyes of a broken man.
"If i see you anywhere near her again you will be a dead man. You wont touch her, you wont speak to her, you wont even look at her and dont you dare spend another second thinking about her because shes mine! You hear me? Mine and no one elses!", he roars his voice booming through the hallway.
Cole manages a single nod before Eric lets go. He steps back a look of pure desperation in his eyes. He snarls, punching the wall inches from Coles head, before looking back at him and pointing a finger at him.
"Remember... Dead man.", he growls before disappearing from Cole's sight, only the loud thumps of his boots ringing in his ears.

*Flashback end*

"Sorry, not sorry.", Eric mutters sarcastically as he orders another glass of scotch.
"Is it even possible for you, to not act like your damn self sometimes?", Max asks rethorically.
"Nope.", Eric retorts, popping the 'p' which infuriated Max even more, causing him to slam his glass down on the table making people turn their heads towards them.
"You're anger is keeping you from fullfilling your duties as a fucking leader. You're acting irrational.", Max hisses trying to get his friend back to his senses.
Eric sighs, lowering the scotch glass from his mouth.
"I just want her back. Is that so hard to unterstand?", he mutters.
Max rubs his forehead tiredly. He couldn't let this slide again. After all he was the head of the leaders.
"I had to beg Rob to not make an official accusation so i had to be forced to punish you infront of whole dauntless. Eric, do you realize how that would make you look like, how that would make me look like?", Max urges starring intently into Erics eyes.
Eric huffs out in frustration but doesnt say anything.
"Thats why i had taken matters into my own hands, and decided to send you to the Candor head quaters to retrieve the remaining 'Old Society' spies that are still hidden.", Max says while raising from the bar stool.
"What?!", Eric hisses not believing what he just heared. He was sending him off so that Cole had way to make a move towards Grace again?
"Im doing this so the others wont throw a hissy fit about it. They were all quiet upset. Also ive heared what Grace had said to you and i think you two need some time off.", Max says.
"I dont give a fuck about the others goddamnit!", Eric growls while leaning forward" Some time off? Some time off?! Grace wasnt there for an entire year. Dont you think that was already enough 'time off'!?"
"Eric. I feel you, seriously, i do, but this is final. I want you to pack your things and catch the train after dinner. Take care of this matter and I'll decide when you'll be coming back. I need to know that my best men are taking care of this issue.", Max retorts firmly before rushing out of the bar, leaving a fuming and disappointed Eric behind.
So much for having good 'friends'.