Fall apart. Come together.

'And if I lost my memory, will you tell me our story?'

Grace POV:

Punch to the left
Punch to the stomach
Jab to the jaw

Tris falls to the ground, breathing heavily and groaning in pain.
That last one must have hurt really bad.
But i didnt really care that much, i needed to let off some steam and she offered herself.
I wipe off some sweat from my forehead while Tris comes to her feet again, barely.
"It'll come to...", Tris starts and dodges another blow to the stomach,"you eventually."
I huff and block another kick from her.
"That", i punch her in the jaw,"isnt", kick to the waist, she stumbles,"enough."
I wait for her punch, just to catch her wrist midair and turn her force against her so that she is lying on the floor, soon after.
I block her hands with my knees, sitting on her chest.
"I won", i huff and smirk,"again."
She rolls her eyes and i let go of her wrists and get off her, and soon after we head towards our water bottles.
"Why cant you just tell me? It would make things so much easier.", i say between sips.
Tris turns around and looks at me sympathetically.
"Stan says that that serum is wearing off slowly and we would just complicate things if we'd tell you.", she explains, but that didnt ease my thoughts one bit.
"But why cant i remember him, of all people.", Tris gives me a look," i know that what Eric and i had was an important aspect in my life. Dont you think i deserve to know?"
She sighs. "I cant tell you. Seriously. Im sorry you have to go through this. I mean, after all that's happened to you. You dont deserve this.", she says indicating that this coversation was over. She wouldnt budge.
I sigh and put my now empty water bottle down.
My muscles were aching from the workout but it was a good kind of pain. I had missed it.
"So how about another round then?", i ask making her groan.
"Come on Grace. You're just fighting her because you know you cant beat any of us.", Max taunts from the other side of the room.
I laugh. I hadnt noticed him coming in and neither did i notice Four, who followed close behind a smirk plastered on his face.
"No. Im just fighting her, because i know i an beat you with my eyes closed, so i thought why not freshen up the game?", i tease back making him chuckle.
"Well then, its been a while since we fought. Why not play another game, old school style?", he asks as he shrugs of his jacket, throwing it at Four who just shakes his head at him.
I smirk, cracking my knuckles.
"Very well.", i say stepping onto the mat for the 5th time now,"prepare to lose, boy."
"You wish.", he retorts as we get into fighting stance.
We circle eachother waiting for the other to make the first move, and as i assumed, Max throws a punch to the jaw, first.
I dodge it easily, grabbing his wrist and twisting it around, so i had him in a headlock. I jump onto his back to make him fall to the ground but all he does is cough and stumble back and forth, before elbowing me into the stomach, which knocks the breath out of me temporarily, making me stumble back on my feet.
I groan but throw a hard kick to his side, hitting him hard. He yells out in pain but still manages to stay on his feet.
"Damnit..", i mutter under my breath and go into defense mode.
We circle eachother again and soon he charges forward, trying to tackle me down, but i quickly move to the side, grabbing his shoulder and using his running force to finally throw him to the ground, face forward. He groans but quickly jumps to his feet before i even manage to think about keeping him from doing so.
He charges forward again but this time he manages to jab me in the side and kick my feet from the ground, making me fall onto the mat forcefully.
I groan as my vision gets blurry from the impact on my head but manage to block his arms which were slowly closing in on me, trying to hold my wrists down.
"You are going.... easy on me..", i hiss through gritted teeth as my arms start shaking from the weight he puts into his.
He scoffs. "Im not. You're hallucinating.", he retorts, his voice sounding muffeled.
I chuckle. "Well, then you are getting weaker.", i tease and knee him into his groin, making him yell out and fall to the side.
I quickly get to my feet and hold down his wrists. My face inches closer to his as i give him a teasing smirk.
"I won.", i say and see him roll his eyes, before getting up and helping him get up too.
"I let you.", he tries to defend but i just laugh.
"Yeah yeah. Whatever helps you sleep at night, big bear.", i taunt and look at Four who sat on the bench beside Tris.
I raise my eyebrow at him.
"You wanna have a go?", i ask but he shakes his head.
"I think I'll pass today. My foot's still got to heal from last time.", he says.
I pout fakingly. "You're such a pussy, Four. I dont remember training such a pussy.", i say and grab Tris' still half full bottle of water, chugging it down in one go.
"Hey, you wanna hang out tonight?", Tris asks.
I throw the now empty bottle into a trash can nearby.
"I cant, Cole promised me some drinks so we're going to the bar tonight.", i say,"we're most certainly going to get wasted."
I move towards the exit.
I wait for them to catch up to me and we make our way to the messing hall.
"You and Cole got pretty close.", Tris says with an undertone i couldn't quiet decipher.
I shrug but cant help but smile.
"I guess. Eventhough its kind of his fault i cant remember Eric, he also saved my life.", i say and its quiet for a while.
"You like him dont you?", Max asks now.
I hesitate. Did i like Cole? Well, i liked him as a friend, that was sure as hell. But that wasnt what Max was asking about. He asks if i loved him. And i seriously have no idea. Maybe i even was. But it also seemed that i had some feelings for Eric. And i couldnt help but wonder if those feelings developed after i lost my memory. I mean he was barely there, how could i feel anything for him. He was cruel.
And Cole, he was sweet and carrying. He helped me out when i was literally on the verge of death. So did i really like him?
"Im not sure...", i trail off. And it was the truth. My mind was a mess, i felt like a pregnant woman, my emotioms all over the place. I was feeling things i wasnt supposed to feel.
I look at Max to see his expression fall to a frown, aswell as Tris' and Four's.
They sure as hell weren't expecting that answer. But what were they expecting?