Tying up loose ends

I gasp shooting up from the hard ground i had been lying on for god knows how long.
My head was still hurting, but it was a new kind of pain.
Pictures of people i know flooded my brain like a tsunami.
I started to remember finally.
Four, Max, Tris, Rob, even that little old lady from the clothing store.
I laugh, tears brimming in my eyes. Tears of joy.
Im Dauntless leader.
Im Divergent.
I am Grace Annabelle Matthews.

Erudite Compound (Same time)

Max groans slowly opening his eyes and finding himself and every other important person in this town, strapped to a chair.
He could feel blood trickling down from a wound on his head...no wonder he was feeling dizzy.
He looks over to Eric who was already looking at him with a cold expression on his face. The only thing that gave his anger away was the grinding of his teeth and the rapid rising and falling of his broad chest.
"Fucking hell..", Rob groans two chairs away.
"Well... What now?", Stan coughs and blood trickles down the corner of his mouth. He looks for his glasses and soon finds them lying on the floor, cracked.
Max shuffels and tries to wiggle out of the ropes but there's no use...they were trapped for good.
"I dont know...", Max mutters and looks around to see everybody looking either frightened or frustrated.
"What do you mean you don't know! Your Dauntless goddamnit! You have to know how to get us out of here!",Jack Kang, Candor leader, hisses loudly making all Dauntless members glare at him immediately.
"Oh im sorry mister Candor-smartmouth i dont exactly recall reading anything similar to this in 'How to get out of a kidnap 101'.", Eric retorts sarcastically.
"Why dont we all relax, fighting wont help at all.", Joanna says calmly eyeing us all.
"Making these kind of suggesstions wont either! Oh! You know what? Lets make a nice relaxing picnic right here why dont we? Im sure this is all a misunderstanding!", Eric hisses back making Max glare at him.
"Eric. Shut it! This is not helping!", he scolds making him scoff and turn his head away.
Suddenly the door to the room they were kept in barges open, revealing Evelyn being forcefully dragged inside and strapped to another chair.
"You wont go through with this, Kaitlyn!", she screams and throws herself against the chair.
A hysterical laugh is heard as Kaitlyn makes her way into the room.
"Its funny really.", she states, completely ignoring Evelyns outburst,"how the very people who run this town...whom i thought to be so mighty, are now sitting before me completely....helpless."
She chuckles and walks towards the big windows turning her back on the people.
"I dont see anything funny in that.", Tris spits furiously as she looks at Kaitlyn with pure hatred in her eyes.
Kaitlyn turns around and looks at Tris with and evil smirk on her face.
"Aww...you must really hate me, little Beatrice. But dont you worry, you wont get to see me long anymore.", she says in a sickly sweet voice while gesturing two guards something.
They lunge forward, unstrap Tris from her chair and start dragging her outside.
She trashes around, screaming desperately for help. She was never as afraid as now.
"NOOO! TRIS!!!", Four shouts and lunges forward aswell but is abruptly stopped by the ropes holding him captive.

"Please Kaitlyn...you dont have to do this... Im sure there is a less violent way to...", Joanna trails off, making Kaitlyn throw her head back and laugh.
She wipes away fake tears and steps closer to the Amity leader.
"There is no violent enough way to treat those Divergents, Joanna. Jeannine just tried to get rid of them for good, so that our society was free of threat. But in the end her own daughter betrayed her.", she states sadly,"her means were good."
"Jeanine's means were anything but good. She killed innocent people! Her daughter just did what was the best for our society!", Evelyn shouts.
"Oooh, yes! Honorable Grace!", Kaitlyn says shaking her head," what a shame really...that i had to kill her off that soon. But oh well.."
"Dont you say anything about her! You fucking bitch! You killed her!", Eric roars and tries to wiggle out of the ropes.
"Ohh i did.", she laughs," i punished her, tortured her, that night you proposed to me? I made her watch. I broke her completely, and it was perfect."
The whole room grew tense.
"It was a wonder she survived all those heart attacks and strokes the simulation gave her. She really was strong. At least something she got from her mother.", Kaitlyn taunts.
"SHUT UP! Shut up or i swear I'll...", Eric screams but trails off soon after, tears brimming in his eyes.
Kaitlyn steps forward standing right infront of him now, smirking.
"Or you'll what, Eric? Kill me?", she laughs,"that sentence has really lost all meaning, sweetheart. You're not scaring me."
Its silent as they stare at eachother for seconds.
"What are you going to do with us?", Jack now asks, his voice slightly wavering in anticipation.
Kaitlyn finally breaks the eyecontact, spinning around and stepping towards Jack and smiling brightly.
"What do you think? I will of course kill every last one of you as soon as all the divergents are out of this city for good.", she chirps happily and practically dances out of the room,"I'll come see you tonight! So dont go anywhere!"

The room is silent for a long while. Noone daring to say a thing.
"Do you think that they killed Tris already?", Four mutters exhaustion in his voice.
Max furrows his eyebrows shaking his head violently.
"No i think they are going to gather every single one before they start...executing them.", he says making Four let out a sigh of relief.
"We still have time.", he mutters and leans against the ropes, which were cutting painfully into his skin.

Same day (Night)

Nothing happened the rest of the day while some tried to cut the thick ropes with things in reach.... but failing and some just tried to keep their thoughts occupied so they wouldnt think of certain people.
Right now half of them were dozing off as suddenly gunshots started to go off.
Screams could be heard from outside.
The sleeping leaders shoot up and blink their sleepiness away.
"Why are they shooting? What is happening?", Stan asks fear present in his voice.
"They are killing them.", Evelyn states calmly.
"No. Tris! We have to save her!", Four shouts and throws himself against the ropes yet again.
"We cant! Four, we cant! ", Lauren shouts now,"she maybe found a way to escape! There's still hope! Calm yourself!"
"I assure you, she wont get away.", someone suddenly says, making them tense.
Kaitlyn steps between two chairs and looks around at the exhausted people strapped to the chairs.
A few guards come in and secure the whole room, heavily armed but none of them seem to notice.
Kaitlyn laughs to herself clapping her hands.
"I really am a genius. I never thought that this plan would have actually worked.", she turns around to face Rob," although i hadnt thought about your Betrayal.... But i guess you're punished enough, since both your Daughter and your wife are out there."
Rob tenses even more and glares up at her.
"You're bluffing!", he hisses making her smirk evilly.
"Am i really?", she asks and laughs.

"Dont worry. They're safe.", a new voice says now and everyone turns around to make out its source.
"Grace...", Max mutters, stunned at what he sees.
He almost didnt recognize her with her pale skin and thin figure. She looked exhausted and a bullet wound streched across her left part of her chest. It still looked fresh.
"G-Grace?", Kaitlyn stutters and takes a step back.
"Missed me?", she asks, though she felt exhausted and weak she manages to smirk.
The guards posted all around the room raise their guns and point them at her.
"Put your gun down, Miss!", one of them orders.
She rolls her eyes turns the safety off quickly before shooting. Soon after the guards fall limp to the ground.
Grace then points her gun at Kaitlyn not looking away for one second.
"So...i think we should have a word, you and I.", she then says.

Omg! Thoughts, thoughts, thoughts you guys!
Comment, comment, comment!
What do you think??
Im so excited to hear what you think!

S-