Loose ends

Grace POV

Numbness. Thats all I've felt for the past two weeks.
The will to escape, to live slowly faded with every day i spent in this godforsaken cell.
I had no strength anymore. The old me?
Gone.
I made peace with the fact that i would never make it out of this hellwhole.

The celldoor opens with a squiek and i was hauled up into Robs arms.
Normally my old self would never let anyone carry me as long as i was concious. But that me died. Long ago.
"Come on Babydoll. Time for another testing session.", Rob mutters while walking down the hallways into the testing room. He placed me into the chair oh so carefully and shot me a worried glance before marching out of the room again.
I turn my gaze towards the woman infront of me. Claire.
"Dont get me out until i have opened this damn thing.", i murmur, but im sure she heard me.
Claire looks at me at first stunned, but she regains her composure and replaces her shocked face with an expressionless look.
"Very well, Miss. Matthews.", she says her voice colder than ice.
She types something and soon im engulfed in darkness.

*Flashback* (about a year ago)

"Where are you taking me Eric?", i giggle as he pulls me further away from the compound.
He looks back at me, a playful smirk on his face. "You'll see.", he says making me groan.
I hated when he was acting all mysterious like that.
We pass Amity while people keep smiling at us and telling us to "go with peace" as we pass them.
"I'll never get Amity. They're to happy for their own sake.", i say and he chuckles beside me as we approach another ruin of a bridge.
We start climbing over it, Eric helping me occasionally, and start walking towards Erudite headquaters.
"Are you going to tell me now? Pleaseeee!", i whine and pout when he shakes his head, picking up the pace again. What a douchbag of a boyfriend i have. Im such a lucky girl!
We pass some Erudite people who look at us curiously and i turn my head over to the entrance. "We arent going to Erudite?", i ask.
"Nope.", he says popping the 'p' which infuriates me even more.
I groan and start complaining about the ethnicity of keeping secrets from his girlfriend but eventually decide to shut up and just keep quiet until we would arrive.
Finally we arrive at the Candor compound but do not enter it, instead we go around it and start walking towards the woods behind it.
Now i knew where we were headed!
The lake!
I slap my forehead in realisation, which hurt more than i expected.
I could already see the turquoise water from a mile away and the small porch which led into the deeper end of the water.
Birds were singing and it got louder the closer we got to our destination.
I smile. Eric and I hadnt been here together for ages.
"Come on, cupcake.",he ushers, his deep voice echoing through the woods.
I laugh and jump onto his back and he carries me the whole way to the clear grassfield right next to the lake.
I plop down from his back, never letting go of his hand and we both lay down onto the soft grass, closing our eyes engulfed in rays of sunshine.
"Remember when i taught you how to swim?", Eric asks and i laugh remembering how fun that day actually had been.
"Remember when i put icecream all over your face, like right over there.", i ask, pointing at a spot a little further away,"Thats when our first real fight was. God, shit went down back then."
Eric chuckles and pulls me closer to him.
I burry my head into his chest and breath in his soft scent of cologne and peppermint.
"If someone would have told me that things were going to turn out like this, i would have laughed in their face.", i admit and feel Erics chest vibrate with laughter.
"Well and now look at us.", he states and waves his hand in the air lazily before putting it back onto my back.
Its silent for a while as we enjoy the sun shine down on us and the birds singing their highest notes.
Suddenly im grabbed from the sides and thrown over Erics shoulder.
"Whaa-", i start to yell but am cut off by water rapidly filling my mouth.
I gasp and crawl my way to the surface of the water.
When i regained my composure as good as i could i look at Erics laughing figure standing in the water.
"I cant believe you just did that!", i exclaim throwing my hands onto the water, splashing it all around me.
"Well, you better believe it because i did, cupcake!", he taunts and lunges at me, pulling me underwater yet again.
I struggle and start laughing and water fills my mouth even more.
We wrestle in the water for a good 5 minutes before we break apart, struggling to catch our breath.
He cups my cheeks with his rough,big hands and looks me in the eyes still panting heavily.
I look back at him and found myself getting lost in his blue eyes again.
"I love you, Grace, you know that?", he mutters and places small kisses all around my face before looking at me again, waiting for an answer. In this moment i realize what a lucky girl i am. This man, chose me over all the other women in this city. He chose me.
I smile.
"I love you more...", i breath out as his lips crash onto mine.

*Flashback end*

Rob POV:

I rush into the testing room when i hear yelling from inside. Scientists rush in and out of the room. Panicked faces is all i see as i pass Claire who had a wicked grin on her face. I look into the simulation room and find no dollface sitting in the chair she was supposed to be sitting in. All i see is the box they've been trying to open so desperately, split in half. People were examining its contents with erratic smiles on their faces.
I walk further into the room and thats when my gaze falls onto the very person ive been looking for.
Grace was kneeling infront of Cole who had a gun pressed to her chest.
She didnt seem to be fazed one bit by all of this but she didnt knew that i was.
My heart starts pounding faster and i was about to step between them, ready to rip that gun out of this bastards hands.
But right in that second he pulls the trigger and the gun goes off with a loud pang.
Grace eyes widen and she breaths in shakily and falls limp to the side soon after, eyes closed and blood pouring out of the wound onto the marble white floor.
"Jesus Christ...", i breath out and clench my fists and close my eyes, trying to contain my anger.
They had killed her! As simple as that, as if her life didnt mean a thing!
I take a deep breath calming myself as people come into the room and carry away Babydolls dead body.

------------------------

I pull away the blanket that was covering her body. At least they had cleaned her up.
I look at her peaceful face and cant help compare her to my daughter back in Dauntless. I remember when i looked at my daughters sleeping face every night i brought her to bed and it reminded me of Grace's face now. Only difference was that...this girl before me was dead....Not sleeping.

3rd person

Four, Tris, Zeke and Evelyn stare at the monitor silently, waiting for any sign of Rob.
"He should have been online by now.", Evelyn says drumming her fingers against the table impatiently.
"Maybe he was held up by someone. We'll wait..", Tris says and its silent again.
She had a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach. As if something bad had happened, but she quickly shook it off when the screen flared up.
A nervous looking Rob appears brushing his hand through his hair.
He doesnt look at them and cant seem to find the right words.
He opens his mouth attempting to say something, but closes it again.
Evelyn frowns and leans closer to the screen.
"What happened?", she asks.
Thats when Rob looks at then with saddened eyes.
"The box is open. They're going to attack soon.", he says but Tris knew he wasnt telling them everything.
"Okay, no problem we'll just stick to the plan..right?", Zeke says.
Everyone nods, everyone but Rob.
"Theres one more thing you have to know...", he mutters,
"Grace shes, uhm.... Shes dead."

Uh oh! What the hell happened?
You'll probably want to kill me right after reading this chapter.
Hahahaha im sorry !!!
But please dont stop reading.
Its gonna get good, promise!
So what do you think is gonna happen next?
Comment your ideas and also your opinions on this chapter and please vote if you still liked it!
Im horrible i know!
Still love you guys!
S-