Tension

'I can only hope I am
remembered as gentle
even when I was too
harsh on myself.'

Those words burned themselves into my brain like acid as i read them over and over and over again.
Graces last words.
Written in thin squiggly lines on a small, dirty piece of paper.
I couldnt believe that she was dead. Just erased from this worlds surface.
I didnt even want to know what Eric would do if he found out.
I shake my head, rapidly, not allowing the upcoming tears to spill.
Soldiers rush in and out of the room giving me strange looks as they pass me sitting on the conference table alone.
2 weeks.
Thats how long it has been since Rob said those two horrible words.
Thats how long we've been trying to figure out a way to uncover the woman, pretending to be Grace.
We could simply barge in and shoot her down, now that Grace was officially gone.
But we didnt know when 'Old Society' would attack.
We were all at risk now. There was no time to think of such things as revenge.
I clench my hand into a fist, crumbling the piece of paper in my hand.
Graces last words. Right here in my hand.
The last proof that this incredible woman i could call my friend, my mentor, has ever exsisted in the first place.

------------------------------

3rd person

"I'll need a team covering the east side also, just to make sure and please, for the love of god, stay hidden until i give you the sign.", Evelyn orders, exhaustion clearly evident on her face as she brushes her hand through her hair.
She looks over at the conference table spotting her son sitting in one of the many chairs starring down at the wooden table intensely.
She sighs. She had never seen him like this.
She approaches him and puts a hand onto his shoulder squeezing it lightly.
He looks up at her briefly before returning to look at the table.
"Tobias...i need you to focus now.", she says calmly, making Four laugh lightly.
"Focus? How do you suppose i do that? Didnt you hear Rob? Grace is dead and you are acting like she never exsisted?", he growls making her cringe at his harsh words.
"Im not, Tobias. Im simply trying to focus right now. There is a threat, coming our way and i want to make sure that Grace hadnt died in vein.", she soothes which appears to put Four at ease.
He sighs.
"How are we going to tell Eric?", he then asks.
Now it was Evelyns turn to sigh.
She didnt know. If he knew he would flip.
The woman he loved was dead and he ended up marrying the wrong girl.
"We are not going to tell him yet. He deserves to know, yes. But when the threat is over.", she then says, choosing her words carefully.
Four just nods and raises from his chair.
"I don't know how long I'll be able to contain myself from ripping that womans head off, mother. Please just hurry and give us the sign when the attack's gonna be.", he mutters before disappearing in the hallway.
"I will, Tobias.", she pauses turning around to look out the big windows, watching as people went in and out of their houses, having no clue about what was going down," I will."

---------------------------

"Im so glad you are here again, Dad!", Lilly, Robs daughter, exclaims while tugging at his hand urging him to go faster.
He smiles at his beautiful girl taking in her face as if he was seeing her for the first time.
It was the day of her 20th birthday when he had returned into Dauntless compound.
"Im glad too, little babygirl.", he says as they walk down the corridors for the up tenth time since he had come here.
As they walk towards the pit they come across a very tired looking Tris.
She was paler than usual and she had dark bags unter her eyes. She looked as if she had been crying all day long. Which she did.
She couldn't believe one of her best friends had been taken from this world and she never had a chance to say goodbye or even to help her.
She feels a hand on her shoulder.
She looks up seeing that man, Rob, with his daughter both looking at her concerned.
"You okay there, kiddo?", Rob asks studying her expression.
Tris puts on a weak smile and takes a deep breath before speaking.
"Yeah, yeah im good.", she says,"where are you two headed?"
Rob frowns. He knew that this girl was mourning her friend, his friend Grace and he couldn't help but feel astonished about the fact that Grace had such an impact on his life..... on other peoples lives.
"We're headed to the pit, just gonna hang out a bit. Do you wanna come with us. You look like you could use some funtime.", Lilly says and gives her a reassuring smile.
Tris frowns stuttering some excuses.
"You know what, nope, you're coming with us. No excuses, young lady!", Lilly exclaims after a while, hooking her arm under Tris' and dragging her with her and her father, who didnt seem to mind.