Hurt

Disclaimer!
The following chapter may contain a few violent scenes!
You've been warned!
Enjoy!

Eric POV:

"Eric..", i hear Max say as he puts a hand on my shoulder, trying to get my attention.
I pretend as if he didnt exsist and go back to sipping my...17th scotch.
"Eric. Goddamnit...", Max hisses and i turn around quickly, glaring daggers at him.
"What?", i slur and tighten my grip on the scotch glass.
"Its 8 in the morning. Isnt it a little too early for you to drink?", he asks and i roll my eyes turning my back on him again and downing the last bit of alcohol in the glass before turning the cup around and slamming it on the table a little to forcefully.
"I dont care.", i say as i wave the bartender over to fix me another drink.
I didnt want to do tgis. But it was rhe only way to shut up my thoughts...even if it would be for a short time.
It felt like a bad dream. Grace forgot about me, she didnt recognize me out of all people. I hoped that i would just wake up soon and realize that i had just dreamed the whole time but unfortunetly this was the harsh reality.
She forgot about me, about our friendship and about our fucked up relationship.
As if i never existed.
I close my eyes trying to blend out the harsh pain in my chest, trying to suffocate me, and down the new drink aswell.
Stan, the doc, had advised me to stay away from her as long as the serum in her was still wearing off. It would be for the best, he said. Well, and thats exactly what I've been dping for the past few weeks.
I shake my head.
Stay away from her, they said, she'll remember, they said. But she never did.
And that hurt like a bitch.
I lovrd her. I wasnt sure if i ever loved someone as much as her. She saw through my facade and always managed to calm me when shit was about to go down.
She was my rock, and when i thought she died? I thought i died too.
But now, i just wish she was really dead. Dont get me wrong, its just, it is way worse that she cant remember me, us, than if she would be actually dead.
Now she thinks like every other person here. She thinks im heartless, cruel, and sadistic. Eventhough i never was. Not to her. Never to her.
I wave the bartender over again as Max sits down next to me, sighing.
I look at him, raising my eyebrows.
"What?", he asks," i cant possibly let you drink alone. Thats against the rules."
I snort and sip my drink.
"What rules?", i ask.
"The ancient rules of friendship man, what else?", he retorts, slightly irritated making me scoff but say nothing more.
I down my drink quickly, wondering what Grace was doing right now.

-------------------------

Grace POV:

I groan, fall back into bed and throw my pillow over my face.
My day had already started really shitty.
First i literally fall out of bed, then one of my cupboards had to break, my showerhead had to got to shit also and now i couldnt find my shoes.
I just want to go back to sleep and wake up tomorrow.
I still felt like shit, i mean, one year of abuse couldnt just wear off in 3 days, like a simple bruise would. And of course guilt was nagging at my insides everytime my mind would wander to Eric. How hurt had flashed in his eyes the day i slapped him.
Ever since then I've been wondering about him...or us in that matter.
I mean what were we exactly? Were we friends, frenemies or more like fuckbuddies...or god forbid, a couple?
Of course everyone refused to tell me anything since they claimed that i 'should gain these memories back on my own' because it was 'for the best'. I shake my head.
I heared the stories.
The stories of Eric, the heartless, cruel leader and they sounded so...believable.
But somehow they sounded wrong to me.
However he hadnt shown to any of the leader meetings in the past weeks eventhough i was hoping to catch him and ask him myself.
But I had no such luck.
I shiver and try to shake of this sudden lump in my throat as banging could be heared from the front door.
I groan and try to muffle the sounds with the pillow. But theres no use so i shout for the person to come in already.
I hear Cole chuckle as he makes his way to my bedroom, i was currently in.
He plops down next to me and pokes my side.
"Come on Anni we're late for the train.", he says, never stopping to poke my sides.
He had made it a habit to call me by my middle name from the day he had learned that i had one. It was annoying as hell.
I pull the pillow of my face with a sigh and cross my arms infront of my chest.
"I cant find my shoes.", i pout.
Suddenly he starts waving a pair of black combat boots infront of my face.
I shoot up, snatching them out of his raised hand.
"Where'd you find them?", i ask, disbelief in my voice.
He smirks and raises from my bed.
"You forgot them at Rob's yesterday, so i decided to take them with me until the next day. I know you love these more than your life.", he says and laughs when i narrow my eyes at him.
"I dont love them more than my life.", i defend and tie my boots.
"Oh really? And why is it that you cant go on with your day if your boots are missing?", he asks, one eyebrow raised.
I grunt and stand up, going towards the door.
"Oh shut up and lets go.", i retort and we make our way towards Factioneless compound.
Why you ask? Ah well, thats where we keep all the prisoners. Kaitlyn for example.
It was really a though one to convince all the faction leaders to let me punish her for all she had done, but in the end i managed.
Even Rob helped, which i was surprised about. I thought he would forever hate my guts after i admited that it was in fact i who had killed his brother, and not Cole.
But he thankfully just brushed it away as if it was nothing, saying that he 'deserved it for being such an asshole'.
We also ended up having poker nights at his every once in a while and many people came. Tris, Four, Cole and Max always came, mainly to check up on me, but they always end up loosing the most points.
Zeke and Uriah always leave early, claiming that this poker night was boring and that even their grandma could throw better parties than Rob.
All in all, it had all gotten back to normal.
Almost.
I sigh and watch some factionless kids play, trying to erase the image of Eric out of my head.
"You okay there?", Cole asks beside me and i look at him startled from his sudden question.
"Yeah, yeah. Everythings fine.", i say smiling,"lets smack that bitch up."
He smiles back, highfiving me and we quickly make our way to Kaitlyns cell.

*2 hours later*

"P-please st-op.", Kaitlyn whimpers as i crack my knuckles, ready for the next punch.
We had stapped her to a chair which was now standing in a pool of Kaitlyns blood.
We had really done our job good.
She was unrecognizable.

Cole laughs behind me his deep voice echoing through the almost enpty room.
"Did you stop Claire from doing this to Anni?",he retorts sharply and quickly after that, my fist connects with her stomach again and again and again, until she coughs up blood.
"Bat.", i demand and Cole places it into my hand quickly.
I swing the baseball bat around in my hand before hitting her head forcefully.
Her whole body jerks to the side from the impact and she cries out in pain.
"You have no..", i smash the tip of the bat into her stomach and she doubles over in her chair,"...idea how it feels like...", i let the bat fall to the ground,taking out a hunting knife,"to be hopelessly trapped and tortured....fora year, you filthy bitch"
I slam the knife into her right leg, making her scream even louder as blood gushes out of the wound.
I i smirk, pleased with my work, and turn around to face Cole.
He raises his eyebrow and i nod.
It was his turn now.

Thoughts???