Past loves

Grace POV:

"I cant believe that i got a day free from those godforsaken tests.", i sigh, still lying on the cold, hard stone floor.
"Trust me kiddo me neither, i mean, remember when they forced you to undergo them the day after you had that stroke? I serioualy thought they'd lost it.", he answers and we both sit up from our sitting positions, streching.
"So what are you going to do today?", he asks while sitting down in his chair again.
I shrug and lean agains the wall.
"Its not like i could do much, locked in here all day.", i say.
"Ah well, on that one you're right, let me specify, what do you wanna do in there all day?", he asks one eyebrow raised.
I tap my chin with one finger thinking.
My face lights up when i finally think of the perfect thing i could do to kill some time.
I look at Rob smirking.
"Reminisce and write a poem. I mean i used to be Erudite once. Might as well linger in the past a bit right?", i say making him smile.
"Sure thing kiddo. And how do you think you're going to do that?", he asks skeptically.
I shrug and raise an eyebrow.
"All i need is a piece of paper and a pencil. Think you can get me those?", i ask.
He smirks and raises from his chair.
"Consider it already done.", he says and disappears into distance.

---------------------------

The soft paper on my lap and the small pencil in my hand were a nice change for once. I smile. Just like in Erudite.
I never thought i would miss such normal things like pencils and paper.
I sigh and start writing at once.

'They say a heart splits into two pieces when someone breaks.
I guess I won't break then
I'll shatter.'

Flashback:

Grace POV:

"So hows life with Kaitlyn?", i mutter with a sour expression on my face, looking at the teacher and trying to pay attention. Kaitlyn and Eric were together for, what?, 3 weeks now and he already started to change.
How could he fall in love with Erudites most popular bitch? That will forever be a mystery to me.
"Awesome dude. She's a fucking sweetheart. I seriously think i love her.", he murmurs and pretends to write something down. I look at him briefly, just to see a small smile creep onto his face. I roll my eyes and start writing aswell.

---------------------

The bell rings and we are all dismissed from algebra class. I pack my stuff into my back and raise from my chair.
"So are we gonna hang out later or-", i start but cut myself off when i see that Kaitlyn had already made her way into the classroom and was now practically sucking Erics face off.
I groan and swing my bag over my shoulder.
"I guess ill see you tomorrow then..", i murmur and leave the classroom.
Dont get me wrong, i was happy for him. He was finally happy again. But he was putting me on the line for that bitch and i didnt like it one bit.