23. you never told me you were gay

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄]

(A/N: trigger warning, mentions of rape and SA)

The ride to the Falls was quiet. The silence was harsh and deafening. No one dared to speak. Theo parked up as Caroline looked in her compact mirror, fixing her hair and touching up her lipstick. Allison rolled her eyes at her and got out of the car, not giving a shit how she looked. The only reason she was here was for Caroline, nothing else.

The three of them got out of the car and slammed the doors shut in sync. They parked five minutes away from the Falls.

Theo was trying to avoid Allison as much as possible and now Caroline too. The vampire was sick and tired of him being a petty piece of shit and decided to speak up, "Are you seriously ignoring me now too? Theo, what are you going to get out of this? Ignoring your siblings? We're the only people - besides mom - who actually really give a shit about you."

The werewolf just picked up his pace but Caroline wasn't having it. She sped up to him and forcefully turned him around. Allison looked down at the ground, kicking some rocks when all of a sudden, everything stopped before her.

She could see a forest filled with green trees. Not the type of green trees that would bring you happiness and light, they where the type of trees that you'd come across in night, the droopy, dull trees that were a mossy green.

She recognised this place but from where? Her heart sped up as little snippets of memories unraveled before her.

The trees were tall and dangly and next to them was... was her mother...

She knew this place, she knew exactly where it was from.

Her mother was there, inside of a pentagram where she could move or get out. She was trapped.

This- this was the place where her mother and father had died... The realisation hit her like nothing before. She felt like she had been crushed over and over again. This was the place her birth mother and father had died. She had to get away from here, now.

The images of her mother and father dying had shattered her pure heart. She kept what she saw that say buried deep inside her but even Beatrice had her twisted ways to get in her head and ruin her. But this wasn't Beatrice, this was herself. Her own doing. It was her fault for coming here.

Tears fell down her now red cheeks as she gasped for air. Her eyes widened as she looked around. Her surroundings were unclear due to the tears in her eyes blurring her vision as her heart hammered against her chest. She cried silently, not knowing who was calling her.