𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

[𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄]

[𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄]

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘:

Christmas Day.

A day of laughter. A day of cheer.

A day of gift-giving. A day of fun.

A day of friends, and a day of family.

But not this time. No. This time was slightly different from all of their other Christmas' because it lacked one vital thing: their mother.

The three of them all knew that the next day when they woke up, things would be different. The house would be different but they didn't let that stop their Christmas because they knew she would want them to celebrate and that she would celebrate with them even if she wasn't there.

And so they all got out of bed and set up the house for the guests who'd be arriving later.

Allison was in charge of the decorating, Caroline was in charge of the turkey and Theodore was in charge of setting up the table.

Although none of them had gotten the opportunity to buy gifts for each other with the past few weeks being hectic, they didn't let that stop them.

It was five o'clock sharp and the house was fully set up. The doorbell rang and Allison rushed to get it before Caroline could.

"Guys, sit down!" Allison gushed in a hurry, clad in her red Christmas sweater. Her siblings exchanged wide-eyes glanced and sat down on the sofas, "Theodore, wasn't it your job to turn the fireplace on?" Allison whined as Theodore audibly groaned, getting out of his seat to hurt it on.

Allison turned back from looking at her brother to the door. Taking a moment to collect herself, she let out a deep breath and put a smile on her face before opening the door.

The other side of the door revealed a merry-looking Klaus, Rebekah and Stefan, each with items in their hands.

The siblings had decided on only inviting a few people over as they weren't ready for that much interaction yet.

"Guys, come in." Allison let them into her house with a welcoming smile. The three of them returned the smile and walked inside, "So, what'd you get us? We didn't really get you guys anything since all the stores were closed but I guess inviting you guys here is a gift in itself."

The three of them chuckled at Allison's words, knowing that she was returning to her witty old self.

However that wasn't exactly true. Her mothers funeral was only a day prior and she still needed time to recover from it. Today was the only exception as it was Christmas and she at least had to look like she was having fun, for her mother.