36. a birthday funeral

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗]

When they had arrived at the Falls, Allison parked up and then took Theo out of her pocket and de-shrunk him. Theodore had a fit about how dangerous her farts were and that they smelt like an atomic bomb that was rolled around in a pile if shit.

Matt, Bonnie, Elena and Caroline rolled their eyes at their usual bickering and walked towards the crypt, "There it is." Elena pointed out in front of them with the lantern in hand.

"This is creepy. Even for us." Bonnie added when they entered the dark room that had probably been there for centuries or more.

"No. Caroline was right." Theodore began, still a little dizzy after being the size of a peanut, "Technically, she's dead. Sorry but you don't need a birthday."

"You need a funeral. A birthday funeral." Allison finished, looking at her now pissed off brother for obvious reasons and then at Caroline who still had a light frown on her face, "You need to say goodbye to your old life so that you can move on with your new one."

Theodore continued with a chuckle, "But that doesn't mean you're leaving us because you can't replace us, especially me."

"And we can't replace you either because who's going to wake me up with a pillow to the face every morning. That give you some PTSD for sure." Allison joked. It went silent for a minute making her anxious that she hurt Caroline but the silence soon vanished and the air vibrate with giggles from all of them, even Matt who looked a little bit worried.

Caroline scoffed, taking off her crown and confusing her family and friends, "Okay." She placed the crown on a Fell family members coffin and looked up, "Here lies Caroline Forbes."

"Bully to me and Theodore, annoying older sister by two months and the best sister ever." Allison began, placing some candles on the cake as she spoke.

"Caring, can go to for anything and my favourite sibling." He side eyed Allison who looked up from placing the candles on the cake and scowled.

"Cheerleader, Miss Mystic Falls and third grade hopscotch champion." Elena continued, making her, Caroline, Bonnie and Allison all chuckle at the memory. Tina had said she won but they all knew Caroline was the best at hopscotch so she won.

Bonnie walked towards the smiling Caroline, "Friend, daughter and over-achiever." They all chuckled at the last bit, knowing just how true that was. Caroline always got what she achieved for and even after that, she would strive for more.

"Mean girl, sometimes, no offence." Matt said earring a glare from both of the twins. The blonde boy let out a nervous chuckle, averting his eyes away from them.