43. first kill

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄]

(A/N: don't let the gif scare you, hehe 🤭)

When they arrived back from the long car journey to their hometown, she informed them that she'd take half an hour to arrive at the Mikaelson's residence as she had to talk to her sister about the phone call they had.

She dropped the Originals at their new home and then drove the extra ten minutes to her own house.

When she arrived home and opened her front door, a wave of anxiety hit her. Part of her didn't want to find out which sick soul did this to her father, but the other part of her wanted to know — wanted to seek revenge.

Due to her advanced hearing, Caroline heard the door shut and hastily got out of bed and went downstairs. When she arrived downstairs, she gave her sister a sad smile and took her to the living room. Once they arrived there, they took a seat on the sofa and turned to face each other.

"So, how was your visit with your friend, then?" Her sister made small talk, which Allison didn't come here for, nor liked. She just wanted to know who was responsible for the death of her father.

"It was fine, but I didn't come here for small talk." She informed her sister, just wanting her to get straight to the point, "Just tell me who killed him." She said with a straight face, trying not the crack.

Her sister sighed and then paused for a few seconds, knowing that this statement would change their lives forever, "It was Alaric."

At that moment, Allison's heart dropped. Never in a million years did she think that her vampire-hunting history teacher would be capable of doing something like that. Capable of killing an innocent human who had kids.

Every murderous thought self her brain when the next words from her sister's mouth came out, "I know you're angry. I know, so was I, but he didn't do it on purpose. It's not his fault."

"What do you mean it's not his fault? He can't just go around killing people, especially my dad!" Allison stood up from the sofa and paced around the room.

She stopped circling around the room when Caroline spoke up, "Allison, his resurrection ring. If you die enough times, it changes you. It turns you into a psychopath, a serial killer, and that's exactly what happened to Alaric. The same happened to one of Elena's ancestors, Samantha Gilbert, in 1912." Allison took a few steps forward to where her sister was on the sofa. When she was in front of her, Caroline got up with a sad smile and rubbed the side of her shoulder comfortingly.