55. miss mystic falls

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄]

A few days had passed and it was finally Saturday. In the past few days, Allison and Astrid had a few more training sessions to built up her strength for when she was going to face Beatrice, but for some reason, something felt off; she wasn't as strong as before.

Something was holding her back, but she just didn't know what.

The euphoric breeze swam through her curtains and into her room as she tied her hair up into a messy ponytail.

On her bed laid a black cover containing her Miss Mystic dress. She hadn't known what the dress looked like as she let Caroline choose it for her, with the promise that it wasn't pink or floral, of course.

Although she'd never admit it to her sister, she was excited for this pageant, even if it wasn't her sort of thing.

She was also grateful that she wasn't the only one from her girl group that was participating. Bonnie had too, not caring if she won but only entering so that she'd have some fun with her boyfriend, Allison's twin brother.

Bonnie wasn't the only one either, because although April Young wasn't in the friend group containing the Forbes sisters, the Bennett witch and the former Petrova doppelgängers, Allison knew her pretty well.

She could remember at the end of her sophomore year, when Jeremy was still a freshman, April was jealous of her new relationship with the boy. The Young girl had had a full-blown crush on the Gilbert since she was in middle school.

There wasn't exactly any rivalry between the two though. They were a little tense around each other at that time and Allison was extra cautious when April was around Jeremy, but that was all in the past.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Caroline called her name, telling her, to get a move on. The brunette let out a heavy huff before getting up from her velvet vanity chair, picking up the black dress bag and leaving the house.

★★★

When the Forbes siblings arrived at the Lockwood mansion, their brother, Theo, went to go find Jeremy since he wasn't allowed to see his girlfriend, Bonnie, just yet.

The girls on the other hand, went inside the mansion, greeting Mayor Lockwood shortly heading up into one of the rooms which had her name attached to the door.

Allison called Klaus to remind him that he should set off now so that he doesn't be late.

Thirty minutes had passed and Caroline had finished doing her makeup on Allison, using a touch of gold eyeshadow on her lids to make them sparkle and applying a nude lipstick that would suit the dress she had yet to see.