46. twenties dance

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗]

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗]

As the couple entered the gym where the party was hosted, upbeat music from the twenties blasted their ears. Cheers echoed throughout the room as red solo cups that contained punch were nursed while they danced. Twenties-inspired outfits, big balloon arches and glittery decorations. They had gone all out on making this dance the best they'd ever had. It was their last dance before they officially went off to college.

Klaus on the other hand, loved stepping back into the future. Back to the decade where everything was let loose and fun — where you literally danced until you dropped.

He would've loved it if Allison was alive at that time but that would mean things would be very different between them and he liked things just the way they were.

The Original pushed his thoughts to the side as he grabbed his girlfriend and practically jumped to the dance floor.

As he dragged her to the centre of the floor, a new song started to scream through the speakers. The song gave him a blast of nostalgia he missed.

"You would've loved the twenties, you know." Klaus commented before grabbing Allison and spinning her around and then catching her in one impressive move.

"Wow, nice dance moves you've got there." She half-chuckled-half-scoffed as her boyfriend caught her in his arms. A faint blush invaded her cheeks as they stared into each other's eyes longingly, her still in Klaus' arms.

As the current song came to an end, the tone in the room shifted. A slow song began to play as Klaus held out an arm, "Care for a dance, my love?"

"Hmm, I'm not quite sure." She tilted her head to the side and looked up in false thought, tapping a finger against her chin in a rhythm.

"Come on, love; I won't bite. Unless you want me to, of course." He smirked towards the end of his sentence, causing her to raise her eyebrows at his words.

"I guess one dance won't hurt." She rolled her eyes playfully before accepting his hand.

As they began to dance to the slow and relaxed music, a question popped into Allison's mind. She looked at Klaus with a puzzled look before sounding her thoughts, "Where's Rebekah? She's the one whose idea it was but I haven't seen her anywhere. She even gave me this gorgeous freaking dress."

"I don't know either. She's the one who forced me to come to this thing. And as for the dress, I knew I recognised it somewhere. Although, I have to admit, you look so much better in it. Rebekah looked like a soggy pile of porridge in it."