68. the death cure

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓]

When Shane left, Allison had informed Elena about the cure's, knowing that she would be interested in the one for immortality so that she could finally be free from her sire bond to Damon.

Elena had informed everyone else and now they were all preparing for this mission. They're figured out from the map that the tomb was buried beneath the cave in the Lockwood cellar.

They all agreed on giving it a day before going so that they'd be fully prepared and in their best shape.

★★★

The next day arrived and everyone had met up at the Falls. Multiple bags had been bought with supplies that consisted of shovels and other things to mine the cave.

They didn't need much as most of them had supernatural strength that could benefit them.

"So are we doing this?" Allison asked with a raised brow, looking around the group.

"Yeah." Everyone else chimed in.

"Good. No chickening out." Allison looked at each of them once with an intimidating look, "Right, Bex?"

"Why are you picking on me for?" Rebekah scoffed.

"Because of your whole fear of Silas." Allison replied in an obvious tone.

"Sorry for having some concern when we're waking up a two thousand year old warlock." Rebekah mumbled under her breath.

Allison ignored her and continued, "Okay, so all we have to do is get in the tunnels, find the exact spot on the map and then start mining until we see the tomb." She smiled sarcastically, "Shouldn't be too hard right?"

★★★

"This," Allison breathed between her words, "is so hard."

After successfully finding the spot on the map, everyone had began mining.

Allison dropped her hammer and dramatically fell to the floor, "This hammer isn't gonna do anything. This tomb's like a million years old."

Klaus dropped his own and helped his love up, trying to fight the smile that was making its way up his face.

It was hard to when she was being her dramatic old self.

"Thanks." Allison mumbled as her boyfriend helped her up and then gave her back the hammer. After a moment, she spoke up again, "Can't there just be something to speed this all up?"