64. follow your heart

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑]

Klaus had ended the call with Rebekah a while ago and was now searching for the two Forbes' he'd come to the Falls with. He'd already lost Allison and Liz. He couldn't afford to lose them too.

Klaus weaved a hand through his dirty blonde hair in distress, pivoting around in his stood position, on alert for anything unusual.

His eyes widened in worry when he heard a scream. A scream so powerful that he could feel wind gushing through the forest and almost throwing him down.

He released the tree trunk he held onto with a sigh, his eyes widening even more when he caught something in the corner of his eyes: fire.

Which only meant one thing,

"Allison."

★★★

Beatrice looked up in horror, the flames reflecting in her dark eyes. Her raven waves fought the harsh gusts of wind as she squinted her eyes to get a better view, and before she could get blown away, she held onto some tree bark until her knuckles turned white.

While Beatrice fought the wind blowing her way, Lily's neck snapped from being thrown against a tree due to the incredible force of the wind and fell to the ground, temporarily dead.

What Allison had just managed to achieve was something no one saw coming. Not even Beatrice.

The flames diminished and the winds dissipated. Beatrice stood before Allison with her hand raised, a daring look in her eyes masking the immense fear she'd been feeling a moment prior, "I dare you, try that again. It won't end well."

Allison looked at Beatrice with vengeful yet painful eyes, knowing that she'd just lost everything, knowing that she had nothing in her to keep and going, knowing that she'd lost a fight that hadn't even begun.

She was too weak to carry on. She'd used up all the strength she'd pent up all in that scream.

Allison let out a heavy sigh, looking around the destruction she'd created in the forest and then finally stepped out of the broken pentagram. She looked up at the one who was about to seal her fate and said with a defeated expression, "Just get this over and done with."

Her eyes fell back to the ground, looking at the still corpses of her family, feeling as if they were judging her for giving up this easily, that they were disillusioned in her for not fighting for them.