Chapter 22

A/n Hey!!! Thanks for 1,000 reads. I can't believe I made it this far! Thanks so much!

Kat's POV

"Hey Kat, how's it going?" Lachlan asked, his accent coming out stronger than usual. Damn Ausie accents.

"Good,good. How about you?" We continued making small talk like this for a few minuetes. Before Lachlan shoved me.

"Lachlan Powers, you shove me one more time, I acctually swear to the gods."

Shove.

I grabbed a pillow and quickly wacked him with it. He quickly followed in my tracks, grabbing another pillow and slapping me with the pillow. We continued to have our pillow fight until we were both laying on the floor, exhasted and laughing. I turned my head to look at Lachlan, when I noticed his face was inches from mine.

He was also looking at me from his similar position. As he started to lean in, my heart started to race and my breath hitched in my throat, before I started to lean in too.

When our lips connected, it felt like the fourth of July. Cliche, I know. I tangled my hands in his soft hair, while his arms slid around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I swear I could feel him smile into my lips.

"What the?"

Vikk's POV

I stood at the bottom of the stairs, just watching the scene play out in front of me. She rapped her arms around his neck and tangled her hands in his hair, while he wrapped his arms around her waist and pull her so close, I thought she'd pop. But instead of her popping, it felt like my heart was popping. It's hard to watch your best mate kiss the girl you fancy.

"What the?" I felt the tears in my eyes as they pulled away quickly, faces flushed.

"I gotta go." I said. I knew I was going to cry if I stayed any longer. I turned towards the front door and ran back to the flat I was sharing with Lachlan. It was so bright out, without a single cloud in the sky that I momentarily regretted not bring my sunglasses.

Once I got back to the flat, I went to my room and locked the door. I flopped onto my bed and started to cry silently.

Lachlan's POV

After Vikk ran out, me and Kat just awkwardly sat in her living room, not making eye contact with each other. The only thing that broke the silence was Violet entering the room.

"Hey guys! Why the long faces?" She asked. She fiddled with the keys, trying to put them back on her small handbag handle.

"Well, I did want to ask Kat something," Violet said when we didn't respond.

"What?" Kat asked, obviously not pleased with having to answer a question right now.

"Well, I found a good paying job, but it's on the other side of town. So I was thinking, since Ty lives over on that side of town, I would go and move in with him?" Violet obviously sounded slightly nervous.

"Really? Well why don't you go live with Ty! It's obviouse that you two are so madly in love, that you'd just leave your best friend in the dust to hang out with him and leave me alone to fend by myself! I don't care if I don't see you when your gone with Ty, because ever since you stated dating, I barely ever see you any more, so how different will it be!" Kat was obviously pissed at Violet. Violet was standing in shock for a sencond but was quick to reply.

"Fine! If that's how you feel, then I'll just go pack my bags now! I guess you don't care if I leave or not!" Violet screamed at Kat.

"What the fuck Violet! What ever happened to sister before misters, huh!" Violet screamed in frustration and ran up to her room to go pack her bags and call Ty. Kat sat down on the floor and just started to sob. I sat down next to her and pulled her closer to me, patting her hair and wispering soothing things in her ear.

*****

Kat's POV

It's been almost an hour since Violet left and Lachlan and I kissed. I was just so confused. Lachlan had stayed and comforted me all day. Lachlan got up and was about to leave when I stopped him.

"Wait, Lachlan. Can you stay the night here?" I didn't think I'd be able to survive on my own tonight, considering how broken and lost I felt.

"Sure, Kat." He went to grab some blankets, but before he left, he kissed my forhead lightly and hugged me to make sure I was okay.

Once he got back, we decided on watching a movie. We had to chose between Breakfeast Club or The Spongebob Squarepants Movie. Can you guess what we watched? Yep, The Spongebob Squarepants Movie.

"No! Spongebob, don't die of heat stroke!" I yelled at the tv. I get really emotional during this part. Lachlan just kept chuckling as I screeched at the tellevision.

I snuggled up to Lachlan's chest. I wasn't sleepy, I just thought that it was comfy on his chest, being able to hear his heartbeat.

"Hey,Kat. Can I ask you something?" He said. He sounded really nervous for some reason.

I sat up, off his chest so I could see his face better. "Sure."

"Well. Kat, I've liked you now for a long time, and when we kissed I just couldn't help but feel sparks." I nodded along, listening to every word he said as my heart sped up quicker and quicker.

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to....ugh, how do I ask this. Want to go steady? I mean, if you didn't feel anything, than you don't have to say yes. It's okay and I underst-" I cut him off mid ramble by kissing him. No matter how cliche it is, it's the best way to shut up a guy.

I pulled away and stared onto his eyes. "Yes, Lachlan. I will 'go steady' with you." I said.

A/n OMG! 1000 reads! I can't thank you enough! I did something really special for you guys. 1000 words for 1000 reads! Again thank you so much! Vote, comment , and continue to read my book!