Chapter 26

Violet's POV

"Mrs. Yarbrough, we need to ask you a question or two." A doctor and a nurse come over to me. I was sitting in one of the hard plastic chairs in the waiting room.

I got up from the chair and they motioned me to follow them, so I did just that. When we arrived in a medium sized room, presumably the conference room, they sat down.

"You can sit down if you want." The nurse said, motioning for me to sit in the chair in front of them. I silently sat down. When I sat down, the chair squeaked from under me. Atleast this chair was more comfortable than the ones in the reception area.

"I'm Dr. Tyler and this is the head nurse Ms. Kurtz. You can call us Jim and Terreca though. We need to ask you a few questions about the accident that you may be able to answer for us." Jim said. He had a chisled jaw and rusty looking hair that ended just above his ears. He actually reminded me of that celebrity, Liam Payne. On his left was Terreca. She had medium length curly hair and glasses. Her hair was died a greeny-blue color. She kind of in a way looks like IHasCupquake. They both looked to be in their mid to late thirties.

"Do you know any of the men involved in this accident, driver or injured?" Terreca asked me.

I know the injured. I hadn't gotten a good look at the driver of the car. The tall boy with the blond hair is Lachlan Powers and the short asian one with black hair is Vikram Barns." I said. They continued to ask me questions until they told me to go and grab Kat from the reception room so they could see if she knew who was driving the car.

Kat's POV

"Kat, they need you." Violet said coming back to lead me to the room they took her to. Once we were outside of the room, Violet hugged me and went back down the hall to reception. I open the door with the handle and went inside.

"Hello, you must be Kat. We need to ask you some questions. I'm Dr. Tyler and this is nurse Kurtz. You can me Jim and her name is Terreca." Jim said. I sat down in the chair and patiently waited for them to speak up.

"Well, Violet told us that you might know one detail of the crash that we are missing. Do you know who was driving the car?" Here it is. The question I was hoping they wouldn't ask.

"Yes, I do. His name is James Harvy. He's my ex boyfriend." I said. James Harvy was a name I didn't ever want to think about again. Back in high school, I had a major crush on him. The day he asked me out made me feel like I was floating high up in the sky.

After they finished with the questions they asked me if I wanted to see one of the boys.

"Yes, I would like to see Lachlan Powers."

They told me his room number and the hall to find him. I walked down the hospital to the elevators and went to tell Violet that we can see them now.

Once I did we reached Lachlan's room first since it was closer. Violet left me to go and find Vikk while I saw Lachlan. The doctor had told me that they both are in comas and have a slim chance of not waking up, but none of that helped me with what I saw when I walked in.

Lachlan was laying in the bed, with oxygen pumping in threw his nose and he had an IV in his arm. His head, right leg, and left arm were bandaged in gauze. He had a bruise just under his left eye and I had to choke back a sob that had started to course through my body at the sight of him. I sat down in the chair next to his bed and held his right hand.

"Lachlan, please don't leave. I can't even handle seeing you in a hospital bed, much less a coffin. Just please stay down on earth." I quietly whispered. I had heard the rumors that when your in a coma, you can still hear sounds, so I thought if it is true, then I need to tell him.

"Mrs. Benson, we have a man who has requested to see you." A nurse walked out of the doorway when I nodded to reveal who wanted to see me.

He had black hair that covered on of his eyes and he had a ear bar in his left ear. He was wearing a Black Veil Brides T-shirt on making it so I could see that tattoo's on his arms. He just wore black vans and skinny jeans.

"Kat. I heard that you were involved and I had to make sure that you weren't hurt in the accident." James said. He looked like he had a fake guilty in his eyes. He always was a good actor back in high school.

"No, you didn't hurt me. You just ran over my boyfriend and his best friend!" I was getting slightly worked up because I could see the mischief in his eyes that were telling me he planned something.

"Kat, I'm telling you that I'm sorry!" He threw his hands in the air a bit to prove his point.

I sighed in exasperation and sat back down in the chair. My hand automatically went back to Lachlan's when I noticed something different in the atmosphere. James was gone, but so was the beeping of the heart monitor.

"NURSE!" I yelled out into the hall. A few nurses came to see what the problem was. Everything was still in place, but the heart monitor machine was unplugged. They scolded me for causing such a ruckus and left the room.

a/n Hey! I feel so happy with this chapter! I can't believe I completed it in one day! Also, thanks for 1.5K reads. It really does mean the world to me when this happens and I reach even a small milestone. Thanks for all the support! I just want to say that my mother and I had gotten into a car crash in November last year. We rolled down a mountain about 100 yards then we crashed into a tree that if it was placed any closer to us, would've killed us both. That's where I got the look of how Lachlan was in the hospital bed, because my mom was in a coma for a month and looked exactly like that. I just had a broken arm. Bye! Vote, comment, and be awesome!(BTW, Happy early update since I'll be busy on friday!)