Chapter-3

For the second time that night a ground bridge portal opened in front of the cave in the valley and through it four vehicles came racing out before transforming into their robot modes as the portal closed behind them. They approached the cave entrance and it became clear that not all of them could enter. Optimus saw this and devised a course of action.

"Ratchet, Bumble Bee" he called getting their attention "enter the cave and try to locate Jack and Arcee, Bulkhead and I will guard the entrance".

The medic nodded and the scout beeped in confirmation and the two made their way into the cave. Optimus stood his back to the mouth of the cave scanning the area for possible threats, Bulkhead on the other hand was being less productive simply pacing back and forth angrily muttering to himself.

Optimus tried to calm the wrecker "Easy Bulkhead I to am concerned for their safety, but we will do them no good if we cannot remain calm" he assured him.

"I know" he stopped pacing "I just can't stand waiting around doing nothing, I just wish there was something I could do".

Before the Prime could respond he spotted something appear in the distance. It was ground bridge portal but Raf would not have activated another one without contacting them first. Which meant it was activated by the only being other than themselves who possessed ground bridge technology, the Decpticons.

"It would appear that you are about to get your wish" he said. Bulkhead looked confused but hen turned around to see what Optimus was looking at. His optics widened when he saw the ground bridge, but they narrowed when saw who came out of it. Two familiar decepticons emerged one was blue the size of Bulkhead and missing an optic, Bulkhead's long time rival Breakdown. The second was red, more Bumble Bee's size with cocky smirk on his face plate, the Decepticons medic and scientist Knock Out.

"Well what do we have here, Bulkhead and Optimus Prime and here I thought this pick up was going to be boring" Breakdown said with smirk on his face. He wasn't happy to be stuck investigating something that fell out of the sky, but the thought of smashing Autobots always put him in a good mood.

Bulkhead stepped forward "You know for once Breakdown I'm actually glad you're here".

"Oh yeah, and whys that?" he asked

"its been a long day" the wrecker said transforming his right hand into a mace "and nothing makes me feel better than kicking your tail pipe"

Breakdown transformed his own hand into a giant hammer and responded "Bring it on". The two huge mechs then charged at each other, when they were just a few feat away they each pulled back their weapons and swung forward. The resulting collision of the two weapons created a shockwave cracking the ground below them as each of them tried to push the other back.

As they had their power struggle Knock Out was standing before Optimus prime, twirling his energon prod in his had creating a circle of crackling energy trying to intimidate him. The prime simply activated his mouth guard and took a battle stance. With a smirk Knock Out charged and lunged at him with his weapon, with a speed that defied his size Optimus grabbed the prod below the energised point just before it struck him. He then pulled the prod forward bringing Knock Out with it, he pulled his fist back and delivered a devastating punch straight into Knock Outs faceplate sending the con flying and landing with a thump.

Inside the Cave
Ratchet and Bumble Bee had just entered the cave and were moving quickly to find Jack and Arcee. Bumble Bee was constantly letting outs beeps of worry for his friends until Ratchet intervened "Bumble Bee, I know your worried about Arcee so am I but the best thing we do for her now is to stay clam and keep looking, understand?". The young scout beeped and nodded in understanding and seemed to clam down. But while he may have calmed Bumble Bee a bit, he had not lessened his own worry in any way.