Chaper-27

June dressed herself in her scrubs and headed into the kitchen to make breakfast before she left for her shift at the hospital. As she tuned on the coffee maker and put on a couple of slices of toast, she noticed there was no sign of Jack and Arcee which was strange because lately the pair were awake before her and found them in the kitchen when she got up. Once her coffee and toast were ready she sat down at the table and as she ate her breakfast she saw the couch was empty "Jack must be up" she said to herself, she looked at the clock and knew it was about time for Arcee to wake up and get ready for school. The nurse walked to Jacks bedroom door and knocked "Arcee?" she opened the door and saw Arcee sit up on the bed and let out a yawn.

"Morning June." the former two wheeler said.

"Good morning Arcee, its time to get ready for school." June said.

Arcee held both her arms out in a stretch before dropping them "I hate Mondays."

June smiled "That's normal." she looked over the room "Do you know where Jack is by any chance?"

Arcee raised an eyebrow "Ah, the couch?"

"No hes not in the living room." June said.

"Maybe he took his new bike out for a spin?" Arcee suggested.

"No the garage door wasn't opened and both bikes are still there." the nurse was starting to get worried.

Arcee noticed this "Theres no need to worry June I sure hes fine, Jacks smart enough to keep out of trouble." she assured the nurse.

"I know." June sighed "Sometimes I just can't help it, part of being a mother." she looked at her watch "I'll have to take that coffee to go, I'll see you later Arcee make sure Jack has a good breakfast before school."

"I will." Arcee laughed "Have good one June." with that the nurse waked back into the kitchen pouring her coffee into a travel mug, got into her car and headed off to the hospital. Arcee waited till she heard the car pull out before speaking "Shes gone you can come out now." she looked over the side of the bed in time to see Jacks head pop out.

"That was close." he said.

"Not really." Arcee said casually.

"Not really?" Jack didn't believe what he was hearing "Arcee if my Mom hadn't knocked first she would have caught us in bed, half naked and making out." he got to his feet "I didn't even know I could move that fast."

"Oh stop worrying." Arcee got off the bed and did her morning stretches while Jack used the bathroom then got breakfast ready. Once Arcee washed up she came into the kitchen to find a plate of toast and bacon with a glass of orange juice waiting for her "Looks good." she took a seat. She took a bite of bacon "I was thinking instead of calling for a lift, why don't we ride our new bikes to school?"

"Sounds like fun." Jack said taking a sip of orange juice.

"Speaking of bikes, my vehicle mode hasn't been at the school in a while, anyone asking questions about it?" she asked.

"If anybody mentions you I just say your in the shop, they buy it without question." Jack said.

"Yeah well I've been 'In the shop' for some time now." the former two wheeler pointed out "No ones finding that strange?"

Jack shrugged his shoulders "Hey a motor cycle needs a lot of maintenance."

Arcee was about to take a bite of toast but stopped and raised an eyebrow "Are saying I'm high maintenance?"

"What?" Jacks eyes widened "No, no I'm saying that a high quality motorcycle would naturally need upkeep."

"Good thing I never had to reply on you for any of that." Arcee said.