Chapter-5

A white car came through the ground bridge and as the closed out came Jack's mother Nurse June Darby carrying her medical bag with a serious look on her face "Who's hurt" she asked not wasting any time with greetings. "Over here Mom" Jack called waving her over, when she approached him she saw the girl lying on the gurney, June rushed past him and to the girl.

"What happened to her?" she asked opening her bag.

"Hold on Mom its complicated" Jack said.

His mother turned to face him "Jack I need to know what happened before I can help her. Now I just tell me..." before she could continue he gave her an answer.

"She's Arcee" he said firmly.

June's eyes widened and she looked at her son positive she had misheard him "What?".

Jack looked her in the eye "It's a long story and I'll tell you later but right now all that matters is Arcee is human and we need you make sure she's okay".

June's face held a look of disbelief for a few more seconds before putting back on serious look "Go to the car and get the other bag out of the backseat". Jack raced to the car and grabbed a shopping bag and brought it back her as she was checking Arcee pulse, "Leave it down there" she told him as got out her stethoscope. She noticed Jack was still standing close "Thank you Jack I can take it from here" she told him, Jack was about to argue but his mother anticipated this "Jack I know your worried but the best way you can help Arcee is to stand back and let me work, ok?". Jack looked down but nodded, June smiled "that goes for the rest of you to" she said to every one else who had gathered close, they walked away from the med bay as Nurse Darby got back to work.

Everyone had Gathered in the command room to wait for June to finish, except for Ratchet who had stayed to learn from and assist Nurse Darby if nessacery. Everyone was silent even with Optimus's assurance that Arcee would be alright it was clear they wouldn't relax until they heard it from the Nurse herself.

"There's one thing I still don't get" Miko broke the silence "how'd the module thing get busted any way? I mean all the other relics we found were in great shape" she pointed out.

"The reformatting module was only a prototype and while its metal was strong it was not built for re-entry into a planet's atmosphere" Optimus explained to the young girl.

"But shouldn't the container have protected it from damage?" Raf asked and was answered by the beeps of Bumble Bee held up a piece of the container he'd brought from the cave. Bulkhead took the piece and held it in his large fingers as he examined it.

"Hmm, I think I can answer that" he said getting everyone's attention. "This isn't the same kind of container the other relics we in it's a much older make and not nearly as strong as the ones we've seen. They probably put in this container when it was locked away in the Vaults of Iacon and didn't have time to put in a stronger one before they were all jettisoned into space" he finished seeing the kids looking at him surprised "What?" he asked.

"That's some detective work Bulk" Miko said to her giant friend. "How'd you figure all that out?"

"I told you Miko, before the war I was a labourer. Not only did we build things we also learned how things used to be built" he told her "Don't be so surprised breaking things isn't my only skill" he laughed.

She nodded "I know, its just your most awesome skill" she replied a big smile on her face. This playful display made every forget about worrying for a few minutes, but then a new distraction occurred as the base proximity sensors went off.

Optimus went to the console "It is Special Agent Fowler" he announced to them.

"Guess with something falling from space we probably should have expected Agent Fowler to show up" Raf spoke up everyone agreeing with him. Had they not all been concerned about Arcee they would been expecting him to come to the base for a report on what happened. The elevator door opened and out came the slightly out of shape Special Agent William Fowler.