Chapter-10

Arcee was currently facing a new problem, boredom. As an Autobot she would be always ready to go into the field at a moments notice. But now as a human and unable go on missions and with Jack, Miko and Raf at school she had nothing to do. She couldn't even go for a drive to relax because she couldn't transform. She was currently at the base sitting on the couch flicking through channels on the television wondering how there could be so many channels and not one of them have something good on.

Suddenly the alarm went off "Optimus" Ratchet called.

"What is it old friend" the Prime asked as he, Bumble Bee, Bulkhead and Arcee gathered around.

"I have detected an ancient Autobot frequency" Ratchet said bringing its location up on the screen.

"You mean like the one that was on the spark extractor" Arcee asked from the raised area.

"Exactly and its activation can only mean that the Decepticons are unearthing the relic as we speak" the medic explained.

"Ratchet" Optimus spoke up "Input the relics co-ordinates and open the ground bridge". As Ratchet opened the ground bridge, Optimus noticed the look of disappointment on Arcee's face. This was the first mission since she became human an it was clear she was feeling useless, he knew when they got back something had to be done "Autobots Rollout!" with that the Prime, the scout and the wrecker transformed and went through the vortex.

Once through the ground bridge the bots returned to robot mode and the portal closed behind them. They approached the dig site quietly so as not to be discovered, they looked over the edge down at the abandoned mines. There were several old tracks that were once used to move carts full of coal, some were built up high with wooden stands. In the centre at the bottom there were several vehicons using mining equipment, there were a cupple of large mobile drills that were used to dig a small crater and the cons in the crater were using handheld drills. Looking down at them from the side was Breakdown, his faceplate holding a very angry expression.

"DIG FASTER" he yelled at the drones "IF THAT RELIC ISN'T IN MY SERVOS IN THE NEXT TWO CYCLES, I'LL HAVE YOU ALL RECYCLED".

"I believe giving orders is my job" came a dangerous, sultry voice. Breakdown's remaining optic narrowed as he looked up towards the speaker. Standing atop one of the tracks was a Decpticon femme bot that was Arcee's original size. She had black armour and bright violet optics. But the most noticeable thing about her was that she was standing on six spider like legs that came from her back. The Decpticon assassin and interrogator Airachnid.

"I'm handling things" Breakdown said.

"Oh really" Airacnid smirked, she then jumped down from the track transforming back to her two legged mode as she landed. "The same way handled your last mission? I'm surprised Megatron even let you tag along" she found amusing as Breakdown grew even angrier.

Ever since he was captured and almost dissected by MECH, Breakdowns reputation had been badly damaged and after not only failing his last mission, but being found unconsis it had just gotten worse. Now he was taking orders from Airacnid and she was making it as painful as possible for him. The vehicons in the crater had stopped drilling and were staring at them.

Airachnid turned to them "Back to work".

The drones instantly returned to digging, Airachnid didn't need to raise her voice to intimidate them.

"Okay so whats the plan?" Bulkhead asked.

Optimus thought for a moment to come up with a plan. Being out numbered was nothing new for Team Prime, but without Arcee there were only four of them and he needed Ratchet at base to operate the ground bridge as Raf was the only human who could operate it with his laptop. They would have grab the relic and fallback to base immediately.