part 9

*Maya's pov*

"Right-" I said scratching the back of my neck.

"Uh- only if Zack wants to go?" Hunter replied with.

"Guys! Tell me! What's going on!" Zack said annoyed.

"Well um- you know that were staying in room 216 right?" I said.

"Well yeah?" Zack replied with confusion.

"And 217 is the most haunted room." Hunter finished, for me. "Yeah so? What's wrong?"

"Well, it says in this article that there's been a very and I mean very resent murder in that room." I said, scrolling through my phone more.

"WHAT! there's no way that just happened." Zack said terrified back up until he hit his locker.

"So- thoughts?" Hunter said making eye contact with me.

"WELL WHAT HAPPENED! like who murdered them- who WAS murdered and like HOW!" Zack yelped.

"There's not that much information about yet I guess we'll see." I said turning my head towards Zack.

"Are? We still going?" Hunter asked.

"NO! No no no no were not going 0% chance bud!" Zack rushed behind me and gave me a hug from behind me. Digging his face his the crook of my neck.

Then I got a email sent to my phone. I opened the notification and sighed.

"What's up?" Hunter asked.

"Looks like we are going." I said and sighed again.

"WHAT WHY!?" Zack wined.

"One of the employees at the hotel knew about is and mentioned us to the police that were at the crime scene and now they want us to be there detective's." I sighed again.

"Why us though there so many people they could of chose instead of us?" Zack complained.

"Yeah why us?" Hunter exclaimed.

"Well they saw our Instagram and TikTok, and they saw all the haunted investigations we have done and thought we would be a better choice than there police detective's." I replied.

"This is just bullshit" Zack complained.

"Well it looks like not fully!" I exclaimed.

"What? Huh- what can make this better?" Hunter said annoyed.

"Well um- we'll be getting paid." I said with a short smile.

"How much?" Hunter said not trusting the situation.

"Wait were getting paid!" Zack said looking up. From my neck.

"Yep, and were only getting paid if we're actually helpful." I pointed out.

"But how much?" The both ask.

"It says here up to 100k!" I exclaimed.

"Holy!" Hunter said surprised. With his eyebrows raised.

"Oh my god! Holy fucking crap! Oh my fucking good we can pay off our college! This is great we can upgrade our investigations! We're going to become rich as fuck!-" Zack said jumping up and down, and squeezing the living shit out of hunter and I with a hug.

"Hold your horses Zack. Are we really doing this? Like yes we're getting paid like hell but still it's dangerous." Hunter said being concerned.

"I'm not sure-" I was talking until.

"How are you guys questioning this! Like fuck it!" Zack said still jumping up and down.

"I guess your right" I said.

"So we're doing it?" Asked hunter.

"We're doing it!" I exclaimed.