part 46

*Hunters pov*

I pull into the hospital parking lot. I start to hear cheers and laughter. Im not smiling or- or laughing. I'm honestly scared.

I park in the spot closer to the entrance and I turn off the car. I sit there. And start to think about the days when Maya, Zack and I would do crafts together and try and sell them in the parks by our school. We made candles and matching shirts using my grandmothers printer. Or we made lemonade... Ok, that lemonade was awesome. I don't know how 10 year old us could make that. I was a addicted to that stuff. Oh, the good ole days.

"Hey? Um hunter? You alright bud?" Zack snaps me out of my thinking bubble.
"Remember the middle school days?" I ask him.
"When we would sell a bunch of random shit by the school?" He questions. "Yeah- I miss it" I say, and bring my knees up to my chest, I feel burning in my chest but no tears. I didn't need to cry. No reason, but to blame time.
"Sorry man, I do to" Zack packs my shoulder then ruffles my hair.
"Einstein said time was relative, right?" I say. I turn behind me and get a bunch of confused looks I look back to Zack and see the sympathy in his eyes. Those hazel brown eyes. More of, it's a ambry of brown.

"So I don't have to go in." I quietly say. "Hunter-" Zack started but cut off by me.  "Time is relative." "Correct?" I ask him. "Hunter how could you ever question this moment that's about to happen?"
"I just don't no zackery?" I say even more quietly. "Zackery?" "This is new- why you calling me buy my actual name?" He questioned me.
"The good ole days." I say. When we weren't best friends but only friends I would call him zackery, he kept telling me to stop calling him that but I just got to used to it. Untill the best friend debate happened and I started calling him Zack. "Awe man, stop getting me all sappy." He said leaning his back on the car door. "But wasn't that fun?" I ask him hesitantly. "No." "Well yes, but now is also even more funny we are at adult ages and don't have parents to say or do to us.

"Can I break this sappy stuff up or you two wanna continue?" Jake asks. "Sorry man, let's head inside and see the prettiest, bestiest  girl in the world." Zack hands me my hat and I thank him.

Zack and I hop out first and wait for the rest of the crew.

We all stretch our legs and grab our phones.

*Zacks pov*

I heard to the trunk of the car and take out to guitars. "What's that for bud?" Sam asks closing the truck for me.

"Maya and I play the guitar a lot, just wanted to surprise her." I awnsered.

"Ok then let's head in!" I cheer. And start to waddle over to them.
"Wait for me-" I continue to waddle to them.