Chapter 33

I.M POV:

"Ughhhh. Why is he so slow? He should've been out by now. I've been waiting for more than 10 minutes. From all the days it's the day I have something for him? I should go check on him."

And that's what he did even though he had no idea where to start since he didn't know around the school.

But he was in luck because no more than 5 minutes later, he had found an empty classroom where he heard whimpering noises. He creaked open the door to find Xion curled into a ball on the chair, crying.

I.M scouted a chair next to him as he brought Xion close to him, letting him cry it out. "Aigoo Xion-ah, mi-an (I'm sorry)."

About 5 minutes later, Xion looked up to meet the eyes of I.M. "What are you doing here?"

"What do you think? Being here for you of course. Also how did you know it was me?"

"Who else says Xion-ah so comfortably to me? How did you find me anyways?" Sitting up to face I.M.

"I was waiting for you for so long at the school entrance and I heard something in this classroom and saw you. Oh by the way, here. I got this for you." Digging through his pocket, revealing a strawberry lollipop.

"Thanks hyung." Unwrapped it and popped it in his mouth.

"Of course." I.M lifted his hand and with his thumb, wiping the tears from Xion's cheeks. With his touch, Xion was brought back to reality. The reason for his sadness. The reason for his tears. Soon realizing, he backed away from him.

"What's wrong? Seeing Xion's sudden action. "Is it because of the boy?"

His sudden question made Xion look at him.

"I saw you talking to him before running back into the school. What happened?" I.M asked even though he had a clue.

When Xion kept silent, I.M continued. "You promised to tell me if something bothers you."

"Even if it's about you?" Xion challenged.

"Mm" I.M was hesitant for a second but eventually nodded. "Even if it's about me."

"Someone from my school caught us..." For some reason, Xion couldn't get himself to say the word.

"Kiss." I.M finished for him.

"Yeah kiss at the park. The boy you saw was my boyfriend. So, you know, cheating, breakups, and so on." Xion slowly said, looking down at the floor.

"Mi-an (im sorry)" I.M almost said in a whisper. With both not having much to say, I.M brought Xion into his embrace and the two stayed there for some time.

In all honesty, they both were very conflicted and I'll let them tell you why.

Xion POV: (first person)

Sitting there, letting hyung hug me was comforting for some reason even after what happened. Is that right? Why does his touch always feel so healing? It feels so right but isn't it so wrong? Shouldn't I be angry at him? Punching him, yelling at him, blaming him? Why can't I? All I want is for him to comfort me and he knows that and he does that. His embrace makes everything disappear, all my worries melt away. How does he know all this? It's like he can read my mind.

I hate this feeling. I love Leedo but...I don't love I.M but I don't not love him. Meaning I do but I don't. My love for hyung is confusing. I don't know if you call it love. He's someone I look up to and go to when I need him. That's a year ago. Why does it seem like everything changed yet it hasn't? My heart is so conflicted. Can I just stay in his arms for a bit longer?

I.M POV (first POV)

It breaks my heart everytime I see Xion cry. It makes me want to protect and love him more. But I can't, can I? I can't always protect him nor can I always love him like I want to. Just like now, he has someone else. My heart aches knowing he has someone else to depend on, to love. And I know it's wrong for me to think that. Yet I want to punch that boy who made Xion cry, but to think of it, it was my fault. It was me who kissed him. I couldn't get myself to say anything except 'I'm sorry' and to bring him close to me.

What is this relationship? I know Xion doesn't look at me the same as I look at him. I know he doesn't love me like I love him yet he kissed me back. I know Xion is confused as I am and maybe that's why he let me comfort him. Maybe it's because I've looked after him after my brother passed away. I know whoever Xion chooses, I will have to accept that because that's the least I can do for him. But can I? Will my heart be able to accept that? Can he just stay in my arms for a bit longer?