47

Few rough days pass as Xion struggles to jungle school, dance performances, and his own emotions after the whole ordeal. His friends and boyfriend have been with him 24/7 cheering him on, getting anything Xion needed. But what he really needed right now is to know if I.M was going to make it after the surgery he had 5 days ago.

Even though Xion wanted so badly to stay beside I.M on a Saturday, he also didn't want to let his dance team nor his whole class down. So he shoved all these feelings down and worked as hard as he could.

"Xion, let's take a break." Hwanwoong encourages him, seeing that his best friend wanted to distract himself by practicing non-stop.

"Yeah go home and take a break. Please Xion, we're worried about you." Keonhee sits beside him, rubbing Xion's back.

"Xion-ah, you need to listen to your friends." Leedo started, "I know this is a hard time for you, I get it. But I know hyung (I.M) wouldn't want you to hurt yourself. If he found out you didn't take care of yourself, he's going to blame himself."

Hearing these words, Xion stops, tears stings his eyes. "I know but I just can't keep thinking what if he doesn't make it. I'm scared" Xion falls into the chest of his boyfriend.

"I'll take you home."

[ Home ]

"Omg honey, are you ok?" Xion's mom runs to her son, engulfing him in her hug. "Thank you so much for taking care of him. Please stay for some coffee." His mom offered Leedo but he declined, saying he had to go somewhere before taking Xion to visit I.M.

Xion sits in front of his mother, sipping some coffee, nibbling on the cookies which sat on the white plate.

"Mom, what if he doesn't make it?" Rubbing the cookie crumb between his fingers.

"Don't say that honey. He'll make it." Reaching to hold her son's hands.

"Why didn't you tell me the real reason why he was here? Or about the WILL?" Xion placed his lips around the glass but barely drank anything.

"I wanted to but I just thought you knew you were still healing from what happened. He made me promise to not tell you."

"Why though? He didn't think it was important?"

Xion's mom sighs, "He cared too much about you. He didn't want you to worry. We knew you would still be upset that we separated you two. Listen to me very carefully Xion, I.M kept a lot of secrets to protect you. Ever since Wonho's incident, I.M has always seen you as a little brother to him. No less and no more. I know what happened between you two."

"What are you talking about, mom?"

"I'm telling you this because- because I know I.M wouldn't have the heart to tell you. He told me to tell you when time seemed right. I knew about the kiss (the kiss they had the night Wonho passed away). He knew you weren't coping well and you started to see him as Wonho."

"What are you saying? How did you know?"

Xion's mom takes a deep breath, "because that day he came to me and his dad about what was going on. He suggested that you make a new start. To move away."

"Are-are you saying that we moved wasn't because you and his dad wanted to keep us away? But instead it was I.M who told you."

Xion's mom nodded. "Yes, I'm so sorry baby. He did it to protect you, he did it for your own good. I.M stopped having romantic feelings for you after Wonho died. He couldn't bear the fact he killed his baby brother so he started to see you as Wonho and you started seeing I.M as Wonho. I was never mad at you. I knew you two were trying so hard and you both were going through so much.

Xion's eyes filled his tears, slipping his hands from his mom's hands and running out the door.