43

"How's the date, son?" Wonho's father asked, smiling proudly, sitting across from Wonho at the dining table.

"Great as always, dad. Xion is just so cute and we had lots of fun." Wonho couldn't stop smiling while talking about Xion.

"I'm so happy for you, son. I really am. Oh and by the way, where's your brother? He should be eating dinner with us now."

"I-I'm not sure. Maybe he's busy with school and work." Wonho stuttered at first since he knew his brother wasn't doing what he just said. He knows when his brother is upset, he goes for a drive. I.M loves driving around and enjoying the scenery.

"Ah ok." His father accepted the answer without much thought.

It was around 9 in the evening when Wonho sat in his room unable to get rid of the conversation he and his brother had a few hours ago. Unable to get his homework done, he decided to go for a walk.

It was quite dark and Wonho didn't have much light but his phone's flashlight. Besides, he wasn't planning to go anywhere far.

In the next few minutes, three lives were drastically changed forever.

With Wonho's head filled with worry and the conversation, he crossed the streets without much thought, thinking that there was no car in sight, he crossed. On the other hand, I.M head filled with doubt and anger and distrust, he drove 10 miles above the speed limit, seeing there was no car or people around.

Until his car hit something - no, someone.

And not until Wonho felt something crash into him, knocking him unconscious on the pavement.

I.M got out of the car in panic but nothing was going to brace him for what he was about to see. Frantic, and in shock, he called his dad who rushed to the scene in less than 5 minutes since it wasn't that far to their house.

"Oh my god I killed him. Dad, I just killed my baby brother. Holy shit. What should I do? Dad, what am I supposed to do? This can't be happening. No no no!!" I.M screamed, on the verge of pulling his hair out. A mess is an understatement of what I.M is right now.

"Son, listen. I called the ambulance on the way here so they should be here any second. I will take care of this. Don't worry. I got you. I'm not going to let anything happen to you. Understand?"

The next hour was a blur to I.M. The ambulance took Wonho to the hospital in critical condition while police took him to the station to take his statement as well as his car.

[ 1 hour later ]

I.M walked out of the police station in time for his phone to buzz. A text from his father to get to the hospital as fast as he could. Without any hesitation, he ran as fast as his legs could carry him.

Bursting through the emergency doors, I.M was out of breath, face red, eyes puffy, tears staining his cheeks. "Where is he? Dad, is he going to be ok? This is all my fault. Can I go see him?"

"He's stabilized right now but they said to prepare for the worst. Son, it's bad and I want you to prepare but before then we must have faith in your brother. He's strong so let's believe in him, ok?" He hugged his son tightly before letting go. "You can't stay here. Bring Xion home with you and look after him."

"X-xion?" I.M eyes turned frantic. He urgently scanned the room until his eyes landed on a small boy balled up in a seat in the corner. Xion's whole body shook from crying. "Why the hell is he even here? He shouldn't be here! Why did you let him be here?!

"His parents are out of town and Xion decided to visit us but on the way, he saw the accident. Son, don't make me say it again. Take him home now."

"I-I can't take him home. There's no way I can carry him and walk home and there is absolutely no way he can walk in the state he's in right now. And no way in hell I'm driving home."

"Do you have any better ideas? We live in the countryside so there's no taxi at this time. Son, if you don't do this, I'm not going to help you, understand? I take care of your brother and you take care of Xion. Got it?" His dad said in a firm voice.

"F-fine but keep me updated. Please." With that, he walked up to Xion in an attempt to get him home but to no avail. He had to physically carry Xion into the car since he was that distraught. He seated himself in the driver's seat, hands shaking as he gripped the steering wheel.

"How the hell am I supposed to drive right now? I just killed my brother. I-I can't drive. I have no right to drive - no, I don't have the right to be breathing right now." I peek into the mirror, spotting Xion still curled up in a ball. But I can't leave him alone. I promised to take care of him no matter what. I took some deep breaths and slowly drove home.

Once we arrived home, I scooped up the fragile Xion and carried him inside. I sat him in my room before I went to start a warm bath for him. By this time, he was ok enough to take a bath by himself but I still sat next to him to watch over him.

After Xion decided he wanted out of the tub, I.M got out of the bathroom giving Xion his privacy. Once he was finished, I.M opened the door and something unexpected happened, making his heart ache more. Xion grabbed his arm, pulling him into a tight embrace.

"Don't leave me. Don't ever let me go, please." Tears once again left his eyes painfully.

"I'm not going anywhere. I promise." He picked Xion up which Xion automatically wrapped his legs around his waist. I.M's heart was conflicted but he didn't dare to push him away. Whatever made Xion comfortable, he would let him do it.

The two laid in I.M's bed. Cradling Xion as if he was a child who had awoken from a nightmare.

"Hy-hyung, why? Why does it have to be him? He-he's gone." Xion cried, gripping onto I.M's shirt tighter until he could feel Xion's fingers dig through his skin.

"Shhhh no, don't say that. He still has a chance. Wonho is strong. He's going to make it." He let out a sob along with Xion.

However, it never happened. The very next day, Wonho passed away. And ever since that day, I.M and Xion stuck together like glue and became very close.