✤thirty two

tiffany sighed as she laid down on the bed

tiffany sighed as she laid down on the bed. her eyes were stinging as she sniffled. she grabbed her phone, calling alex.

a few rings later, alex picked up.

"why are you awake?" tiffany sniffled.

"cuz you called me- are you crying?" alex asked. "girl, what's wrong?"

"...mark told me he still liked me..." tiffany sobbed. 

"what's there to fucking cry about?" alex asked. "please tell me you said you like him back..."

"i wanted to." tiffany cried. "but i can't."

"and why is it so?" alex sighed.

"i don't want to be a burden on him." tiffany said. "he's already got so much going on in his life, being with me will be even more frustrating. plus, long distance relationships never work."

"shut up with the stereotype about long distance relationships." alex scolded. "why the hell would you think you'll be a burden on him?"

*

mark sighed as he fiddled with tiffany's hairtie around his wrist. he had to give it back but he didn't know how he should approach her after whatever happened.

he messed up, didn't he?

he slowly sat upright, preparing his mind to go and give her the hairtie. he walked out of his room, and went towards the room she was staying in.

as he walked up to her door, he heard her sobbing softly.

"i don't want to be a burden on him." 

he heard her say.

*

"i told you about that surgery i went through in middle school, right?" tiffany asked. "for my leg."

"yeah?" alex said.

tiffany sniffled. "i used to get bullied because of my leg. i used to limp a lot, and that's why i was bullied. i was thankful they never hurt me though..."

"i don't like where this is going..." alex started.

"turns out...they never hurt me because mark took all the beatings for me. and he never told me this until i found out recently." tiffany cried. "i felt like a burden on him, lexie...i...i just don't know, i really love him...i want to be with him, but nothing seems to work out for me."

"did you tell him about this?" alex asked.

"i did!" tiffany sobbed. "i told him i'm not worth his time...he's got millions of girls who are in love with him, he could get anyone..."

"well, what did he say?" alex asked.

"he...he said...he said that...there's only one girl he loves..." tiffany broke down crying again.

"...and that girl is you, isn't it?" alex asked, and hearing tiffany hum while crying, alex sighed deeply. "look, as much as i can say, he seems like a really genuine person, and if he is saying such things to you, he must mean them. you should talk it out honestly."

"i tried..." tiffany said. "i just...i don't know what to do anymore..."

"i don't think you told him everything that you felt, tiffany." alex said. "just tell him everything honestly. sort everything out. even if you guys decide to stay only friends, don't be in such a condition where you are crying."

"are you sur-" tiffany asked.

"just trust me on this, tiffany." alex said, and hung up.

tiffany slowly put the phone down and sat upright. her cheeks were wet, and her eyes felt tired from crying. she looked at herself in the mirror before she wiped her tears, preparing her mind to go and talk it out to mark.

she walked up to the door, and opened it, immediately freezing when she saw mark staring right at her with sad eyes.

shud i double update👀