Chapter 4

I sat on his bed and he sat on the chair beside the table. We both placed our plates on top of it and began eating. We were sitting on each side. Just right for us to see each other from a small gap. The salty taste of the bacon hits my mouth. It melted like cotton. Their fried yellow rice looked disgusting but when it got in my mouth and tops on my tongue, I realized how delicious it was. Considering the fried garlic which I love.

We were both silent while we enjoyed our food. Their menu here is the best. They have everything and most of all, everything they cook is good. Even vegetables and raw plates of seafood. Kind of weird to think about it but sea urchins are their best seller here.

I barely could focus on eating because I could hear the loud music coming from outside that I didn't like. Kanye West, no hate but I just really don't like his music. Most especially because of what he did a long time ago to Taylor Swift which I don't want to think about anymore. I bet the guys next door are fans of him. Peter seemed to be able to ignore the noise but I couldn't.

The lyrics were a little too much. "You okay?" There, his cold voice goes again.

I looked up from my food to him. "Yeah," I faked a smile so he won't see that I am not okay. Whoever the people that are playing that kind of music should go to a lyrics school.

"Really? You don't look like it... let me guess, the music, right?" I guess he can make money by being a predictor.

"How did you know?" I asked that just to start a conversation between us so the awkward silence could disappear. I can imagine how fun this day would be if Britney and Shane are here. Right now, I am officially bored.

"I feel the same way, Kanye West is the worst!" I almost spat the food out of my mouth when I realized that we both hate him. I don't want to confirm that it's hate. Because I know how his fans would feel. I'm also someone who's a fan of a certain artist so I understand.

But the thing is that... his songs seem like they aren't good for children. I'm not a kid anymore yet, I feel like one. "You're too bad for calling him the worst. I hate him for some reason," he placed his utensils beside me and looked at me.

"What are those reasons?" Then he grabbed the clear white glass of water beside him and drank it.

"First, his songs are too bad. I mean they're just really explicit. Second, he bashes almost every artist just for fun as if he's the best guy in the world. And most of all, remember what he did to Taylor? That was not just once but twice. Maybe he's just really a type of a jealousy person who's very ungrateful for himself," I felt like I was in a debate session with my words. I've been being over defensive.

When I was speaking, I felt a little bit bad for his fans because I knew that for them, he's the best. Well, everyone is different. "I agree, wait, you know that thing about what he did to Taylor?" With how he looks like, he doesn't seem interested in my answer but I didn't mind.

"Yeah, when he teamed up with a Kardashian... well I don't know the whole story and if it was even true but what I witnessed was when Taylor received an award, he came up to the stage and demanded that Beyoncé deserved the award more. It almost made Taylor cry!" I could see how he was trying to hide his laughter but I ignored it because if I would laugh with him, the food in my mouth could get out and make a mess. This is his room and not mine.

"So you're a Sweeftie too?" I nodded.

"What do you mean too?" He rested his arms on the table. With his pressed red lips, "I'm also a lowkey Sweeftie," he awkwardly smiled and I tried to let what he said sink in on my mind.

He's a Sweeftie.

He's a Sweeftie.

He's a Sweeftie.

Just like me.

We're both Sweefties, we're referred to as best friends but don't even know we like the same artist. "Umm, are you serious?" I can't believe it so I asked. Male Sweefties are rare and sometimes they're even being mistaken as gays but for me, they're cute and understanding.

"What? Do I look like I'm joking? I joke but not all the time," he smirked and began crunching the ice from the glass using his teeth. They sound like ASMR.

"Whoa, in years that we're best friends it's just now that I knew you're a Sweeftie too," my eyes widened when everything sunk in already. He wasn't lying, one thing I should be grateful for.

He lets out a quiet chuckle and looks at me, "you still have a lot to know..." he whispers. It almost didn't come clearly to my ears but I still understood it.

That only means two things: It's probably that I really just don't know him that much yet or it's that he's hiding a few secrets from me.

"Umm, what did you say?" I asked to confirm what I heard and to know if I heard it right or not. He shook his head and didn't say a word about that: it made me feel disappointed. Confirmed. There are secrets. Everyone has a secret even me.

"The weather today is pretty nice, want to swim?" He smiled gracefully after wiping his face with a table napkin. His blonde hair was being blown away by the wind coming outside the window.

I nodded once I noticed I'm done with my food. This feeling is what I searched for before going here: the excitement I get. It has been a long time ago since I was able to swim. Wide blue ocean, here I come!

(No hate involved for the artists mentioned in this chapter)