Chapter 32

The game went on and on. It was a fine game. Well, honestly, not so. Whenever I would ask Peter some personal questions, he chooses to take a shot of alcohol instead of answering me. Same as when I give him a dare. A little unfair because when he asks me, I answer him. That is because I don't want to get tipsy and say some things that I don't want to. Earlier, I asked him if he ever liked Britney or had ever been jealous of Nate when he slept with her in one room and he took a shot.

Didn't answer. It's like he's using the drinks as alibis. If that's his way of playing, then I'll do my way. I don't know how he can take that much in his stomach. I only drank twice, but I already feel like I'm crazy. If I'm not wrong, he has taken twenty or twenty-five shots, and yet, he can still speak.

"Truth or dare?"

"Dare." He chose.

"I dare you to stop taking shots and answer my questions for the next two rounds." That's the only way I can ask him questions he would not avoid.

"Okay, your turn, truth or dare?"

"Dare." I chose truth from the past few rounds. So I'm scared that he would ask more and more personal questions which could lead me to confess how I truly feel for him.

Earlier, he asked if I ever looked into a guy more than I looked at Chance. I said yes; I was being honest with that but of course, I didn't tell him it was him who I look at more than I look at my boyfriend. I used Kobie as an alibi who is Shane's brother. Though he's not even my type and he's younger than me. But I didn't have any choice.

"I dare you to remove your dare on me." Darn it. I know he's already drunk but he's still conscious of what's going on and he's still playing the game the way he did before. Instead of doing what he said, I took a shot again. Darn, it! This feels like crap inside my mouth. It burned my tongue and my throat.

I have no idea why alcoholic beverages have a lot of lovers and fans. It's like drinking fire. "Oh, men! You're so evil." He laughed then leaned at the back of his seat with his hands behind his head showing the muscles on his arms. I giggled along.

"Truth or dare, Peter," I said playfully in a teasing voice.

"Dare." He chose. I know what he's trying to do. Choose dare for the next two rounds so that he could avoid answering my questions. Nice try.

"I dare you to choose truth in the next round." One round wasted but I'm not giving up until I can have the chance to ask him a question he would answer.

"That's not fair. It's like you decided for me to choose on my turn." I can already sense how drunk he is with the tone of his voice.

"A dare is a dare." I teased.

"Fine. Whatever. Well, I saw how hard you're trying to make me answer one question." Ah! He finally said it. Wait, is it obvious that I'm trying too hard? Am I trying too hard?

"Still, it's your turn. Now choose between truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to... kiss the floor."

"Are you even my best friend? I can't believe what you just told me to do." I get it, he's already too drunk. But does he even have to make me kiss the floor? Does he have any idea how many people stepped on the ground where we're having our feet on right now? I bet he does but he's drunk.

"Come on. Okay, well, do you want me to set on another dare? What about kissing the stairs." That's totally worse.

I stood from my seat, walked towards the table, kneeled, and my lips met the cold hard ground. Darn, what was that? At least it's just me who sat it. "Don't even laugh!" I scolded when I heard him chuckle.

"My turn now. Truth or dare?" I asked as I sat back down on my seat earlier and wiped my lips with my palm as if it can remove the germs that easily.

"What can I do about it? You already told me to choose the truth; I don't have a choice anymore. The option is now truth or truth."

"My question is, in our squad, except for yourself of course, who would you rather kiss since you're the only guy."

"Your mind is so dirty; the question disgusts me." I know, it disgusts me too but that doesn't mean I have a dirty mind. I just said kiss not make out. Still bad because we're best friends but I'm just trying to see how much he likes Britney. I knew it since we were kids. That's another reason I stopped having a crush on him which I can't hide now.

"Just answer it and the talk is over." I couldn't believe what I saw. All of a sudden, his body halfway fell like a building and his head landed on the table.

He's now officially tipsy. Not my fault. He should have just answered the few questions I threw on him previously. Maybe it's a little bit of my blunder.

"You." I frowned.

"Umm, what?"

"You. You're the only one I want to kiss in our group... I have answered your question and now it's your turn again. This game is kind of fun. Truth or dare, Charlie!"

"Wait, what about Britney, I thought you like her."

"Maybe it's just really that time heals everything together with people who help you forget and move on. I liked her but I got over it already after I realized I can't get a chance. We're just best friends."

"Then why me?"

"I don't know. Maybe because I also saw her in you or that you and she have a lot of similarities." So that's it. It's only because he sees Britney in me. Just because we have a lot in common not because I am me, I am Charlie. I'm not supposed to be hurt. Who is he in my life anyway? He's just my best friend. So why am I this hurt like a baby? I faked a smile though he doesn't see. I don't want to show to anyone, not even to the stars or to the moon that I was hurt by his words. I shouldn't have asked him that. The blame is on me.

His head is now dropped down on the table beside the shots of alcohol, waisted, tipsy, and drunk. Unconscious and he doesn't know what he's doing or saying anymore.