Chapter 12

As both our eyes were locked on the sun while it rises from the mountains and birds were chirping as if they were saying good morning to us, I heard my phone ringing from my pajamas' pocket and vibrated as well. Peter was distracted and he lays his eyes on me. It's too early, who would call in the morning when the sun hasn't even risen yet? I grabbed it and turned it on and Tristan's name was on the screen with his picture as well. I don't know why I even have his number saved on my phone.

Nothing important. He's one of Chance's friends but we don't talk so I decided to reject the call. He frowned at me and then asked, "why did you reject it?" I looked at him.

"Well, that's Tristan. Nothing important," I shook my head and placed my phone back in my pocket. But then it rang and vibrated again. Darn it. Is he really trying to ruin my day? "I think you should answer it," he said so I grabbed the phone again and this time, pressed the green button.

"It's too early," I rolled my eyes while speaking through the phone.

"I know." He responded. In the background, I heard a familiar voice saying, "what did she say?" Wasn't that clear but I kind of recognized the voice. Just not that completely.

"Why did you call? Hurry up because I still need to sleep!" I lied while Peter held back his laughter.

"Umm, I wanted to tell you this last night but it was too late already. it was like twelve-" I cut his words by saying: "Get straight to the point I need to sleep!" I lied again. Peter looked away to stop his laughter. But he couldn't help it. He giggled quietly.

"Well, Chance is at the hospital right now..." my eyes widened and my brain began being serious.

"Wait, what? Why?" I stood up immediately. No matter how long I am away from him, I need to visit him. "His asthma... you know," I know. Chance as a basketball player is asthmatic. I don't even know how he got into the basketball team when his health is not stable. From time to time, when he gets too tired, his asthma attacks him.

"So, where are you now?" I began panicking. And yet, I don't know the reason why. "In the French National hospital," he unsurely said. I looked at Peter who was so confused and stood up as well. "Okay, wait for me..." I had no time to waste so I ended the call and ran back to my room.

"Hey! Are you okay?" He asked from my back.

I forgot that the conversation was not on speaker. I don't know why I'm running away. There's no reason for this but all I know is that I want to get to the hospital and check if my boyfriend is alright. "Not really," I spoke. I reached the knob of my room's door but don't know why I did. Am I going to get something or change? Oh, I can't go out there like this.

I'm still in my pajamas.

"My boyfriend's in the hospital," I opened the small closet and then didn't even think of choosing the right outfit. I picked up a red t-shirt and a pair of ripped jeans. "Chance?" I froze for a moment then nodded.

"Can you please leave first? I need to change?" I rose my clothes then his eyes widened when he figured out what I meant. His mouth formed an "o" and then he walked away without saying any word.

So I put my clothes on immediately. It has been a night and Chance didn't even call me or said that he is in the hospital? Even if Tristan said it happened last night at 12, he still should have called me. I was awake and couldn't sleep. Now I know the reason why.

I opened the door and found him still waiting and leaning at the walls. "I can take you there," I recalled how far the hospital is from here. It's like an hour long. Because it's a little far from our town and close to this resort. "Thanks," I whispered and immediately ran down the stairs with him rushing behind me. We have stairs at home so I'm a little bit of a professional when it comes to running through staircases.

"Amber!" I called and she looked back. I froze beside her then she frowned at me but was still smiling. "Hey! You look... rushing," he chuckles a little and I tried to catch my breath. Their staircase is a lot longer than ours. "Umm, please look through our rooms. We're just going to the hospital. We'll be back soon." I smiled and she nodded. Couldn't wait any longer, I ran to Peter's car as he opened the door for me. What can I say? Unexpected accidents in days.

He started the car and it began roaring into life. Then he began driving too. "What happened to Chance?" He asked.

"Well, his asthma is attacking him again," I grabbed my water bottle and then drank the water inside it.

"He's asthmatic?" Inquired Peter.

"Yeah, kind of. Well, it doesn't attack him that often. Just sometimes when he's too tired." I explained.

"He's a basketball player, right? Then he must be always tired." Peter Rivera: A man with many questions.

"Yeah, he was in rehearsals last night so he was very exhausted." Here's me giving him information that just leads to more questions from him.

"Okay..." he keeps driving and a lite mellow tune played on from the Bluetooth speakers. "It would take us an hour, can he wait?" I just nodded though I didn't hear him clearly. All I'm thinking about is a way to get there in the fastest way around.

With all the trees swaying and houses that we passed by, I remained calm. I should. There is no way that I should panic. This is not the first time. I already had an experience. Same situation, the same person.