Chapter 22

I raised my arms and removed my shirt. Only leaving my swimwear which I wore earlier just to be prepared. Because a few hours ago, I craved for the sea but after a few minutes; I lost my energy. But I forgot to remove this. Now, it's back. At least I'm ready for a night of swimming. I also removed my shorts, and Peter immediately covered his eyes. I bet he didn't notice that I'm wearing a swimsuit. "Hey! You can open your eyes! This is the exact same outfit I wore the other day when we swam"

He slowly got his hands off his face and calmed down when he saw that I was telling the truth. Step by step, I got into the cold sea. When the chilly water hit my skin as it was filled with ice, it froze me, but I didn't show it to Peter. If I would tell him that the water is cold, then he won't join me. But if I lie by saying that it's warm, I know he will quickly hop in.

The water reached my belly and my feet are stepped on a few corals but I don't care. They're tickling me and it feels nice. "What are you still waiting for? Come here now! It's very warm." I almost laughed out loud at my words because I was so evil. But I wanted to see his reaction when he finds out how chilly this is. "You're lying... the wind is cold. Technically, the water is cold too."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head; trying to be a brilliant actress. I looked beside me and found a group of kids who are like in the age of nine or ten. They seem to be swimming here for a long time. "I'm not," I responded while playing along with the water and showing how nice it is.

"Prove it then," his fixed blonde hair got blown by the wind. It's even more perfect when it moves. But the chilly air made my knees shake again. "Hey! The water is warm, right?" I glanced at the group of kids. At first, they all frowned at me and it showcased how confused they were about what I was talking about. One of the boys asked, "what?"

I winked and rose my eyebrows but hid my face from Peter. The boys looked at each other and finally realized what I was talking about. At least they know how to play right. They all said together, "yeah! It's very warm." I looked at Peter who still seems like he doesn't want to hop in.

How the heck can I convince this guy?

"See! They said the same thing. It's pretty warm." I smiled and moved closer to the deeper part of the sea. "They're kids! How are they supposed to know how cold the water is?"

I rolled my eyes again and screamed just enough for him to hear it clearly since I am already a little away from him. The water is already up to my neck. It's getting colder and colder each time I get profound. "That's the point. They are kids. And kids don't lie." At least I remember that quote from one of our teachers which is absolutely not right all the time.

Ah! Yes! Finally! Achievement unlocked. He shook his head and stood up. Seems like I already won. He rose his arms and removed his hoodie; exposing his six-pack abs and his broad chest. He used to be skinny when we were kids. He kept his shorts and then ran to the sea.

I might be the worst best friend for what I am doing right now.

He got closer to me and when the water hits his abs, his eyes widened, and couldn't move after the chilly wind blew again. "Oh my god, Charlie!!! Is this what you call warm?" He screamed causing everyone to look at us and murmur and laugh. I shook my head. "Calm down, that's also what it felt like when I first hopped in. Keep moving and the warmness would wrap you." I tried my best to hide my laughter. What have I done? This should have been filmed. Well, the water is also freezing me.

"Okay, I'll keep moving." He quickly turned around and ran back to the sand. But before he can make his way, I grabbed his arms. Darn, that wind! It's making me fold. Maybe night swimming is a bad idea. But perhaps it would get better soon. "Hey! Don't go yet... we haven't enjoyed the sea at night."

His forehead was curved into lines and his eyes are barely open. "How can we enjoy the sea this cold?" He crossed his arms.

"Chill, boy! Look at them..." I pointed my fingers at the people around us who seemed to be enjoying the water unlike us who hates it. "They're enjoying it because they've been here for a long time, now if he stays here we could also feel the same way. It's like a roller coaster. It gets better time by time..." with his hands on mine, I walked back to the place we were before. He's a lot taller than me so when the water was above my chest, it was just down his chest. How unfair.

"See," we both giggled. Since I've been here longer than him, while he's still feeling the coldness, all I can feel is warmth now. "Yeah, you're right. It's warm." I frowned at his statement. Wait, he just got in.

Did he feel the warmth that quick? I smiled and our smiles were locked on each other like mirrors together. "This is so warm," I repeated and ran my eyes around.

But suddenly, I froze...

"Peter," I called. My voice was trembling.

"Yeah?"

"Is this a... a... a... is this a... diaper?" My eyes widened.

Hold up.

The reason why the water got warm was because of this diaper... which means,

A baby peed.

I looked up at him. He's thinking of the same thing I am thinking. "Run," he mentioned.

I didn't waste any time. I ran as quickly as I can. Eeww. I'll never swim at night again. I can't see things that clear. The moment I got away from the water, I felt colder when the wind blew. Darn it. I guess this is my karma. That hits so fast.